Community powers direct relationships and one-on-one conversations between Leaders and their Members through text messaging at scale. Launched in 2019 and headquartered in Santa Monica, Calif., Community is breaking new ground in trusted marketing and communications channels by connecting Leaders--global pop culture stars, local community organizers, small business owners and brands--to their Members to drive conversations that convert into actions, sales, revenue and more.
Join us at www.community.com @incommunity
About the Role and Your Impact
As Director, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence at Community, you’ll be empowering the organization through critical insights derived from data analysis. We are seeking a talented and motivated leader to accelerate our efforts to drive trust, access, adoption and the democratization of insights while promoting data-driven decision making across teams and departments.
The Director will work closely with Engineering, Product, Finance, Business Operations and Growth & Revenue to build systems of intelligence empowering product development, uncover business opportunities from behavioral data and provide leadership with insights on the overall health of the business.
A successful candidate will be both technically strong and business savvy while being able to provide great leadership and mentorship to this team and champion & adopt scalable workflows while streamlining data processes.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and define the vision and strategy of data analytics & business intelligence team
- Collaborate with Data Engineering, Product, Finance, Business Operations and Growth & Revenue teams to create a roadmap for supporting business needs in alignment with our priorities and OKRs
- Partner closely with leadership and key stakeholders as a trusted and influential evangelist to identify important questions, define key metrics and cultivate data driven decision making
- Ensure a high integrity of analysis across departments. Drive consistency of key metrics and data processes across the organization
- Design and implement analytics solutions that enable consistency & scalability with cross-functional teams while also serving the data needs of our customers
- Manage a team of data analysts to define, prioritize, deliver and communicate metrics & analyses across the business, including senior executives
- Build an efficient data organization with clearly defined SLAs and create a structure to ensure data analytics and business intelligence is embedded into individual teams and projects
- Mentor team on strategic analyses & career growth, and be a talent magnet that retains and attracts top talent
- Promote data literacy and adoption across the organization
What You’ll Bring
- Degree in business, computer science, statistics, applied mathematics or other quantitative field
- Experience building out data strategy and team in a fast growth organization
- 8+ years of experience as a hands-on manager of a data science/analytics team
- 5+ years of experience providing business insight support for the executive team
- Start-up experience a must; SaaS experience preferred
- Focus on data driven decision making and learning by experimentation
- Experience leading large technical projects with in partnership w/ data engineering
- High EQ with excellent written and oral communication skills; Experience in both internal and external storytelling and executive presentations
- Expertise with analytics tools, data visualization, SQL as applied to data science and analytics. Experience w/ R or Python is a bonus.
- Deep knowledge of data models, data governance, experimental design, and execution
- Strong ability to communicate complicated and nuanced insights in accessible language to relevant stakeholders
- Thrives in an environment of continuous change and complexity- can drive quality insights and deliver high impact projects
- A strong work ethic, unbridled energy, a love for teamwork and a relentless desire to “win”
Community is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We commit ourselves to inclusivity across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, body size, disability, age, and class - in everything we do.