Harvest is an independent software company that makes tools to help small to medium businesses run more smoothly. We believe that businesses only succeed by using their time intentionally. Our products support our customers through time tracking, reporting, and forecasting features.
Harvest started in 2006 as a team of three and has grown to today’s current total of just over 80 lovely faces. We’ve worked as a remote team since the beginning and we continue to get the most from a remote working environment. We also get the company together twice a year at company-wide Summits.
We also strive to create a workplace culture where everyone feels valued, included, and heard. One important aspect of this is continuing to create spaces for diverse life experiences and work histories. If you are a member of a group that is historically underrepresented and disadvantaged in tech, business, and society in general, we want to meet you and we encourage you to apply.
Manager, Financial Analysis and Business Intelligence Position
Harvest is looking for someone with strong SaaS business acumen, excellent storytelling skills, and a robust technical toolkit. This position will work with key decision-makers throughout the company, and share insights and recommendations with all levels of the business, including to the CEO. This person will heavily leverage company data to develop and support company and department level KPIs. This role will have the opportunity to support key projects in marketing, product, and customer support teams.
We are looking for someone who is a builder and entrepreneur -- someone who is excited about using data and analytics to push the whole company forward.
What you'll accomplish:
- Partner with department leaders to create a consolidated view of our financial opportunities by driving projects through to revenue generation; aggregate and synthesize data points from across departments to tell compelling financials narratives
- Leverage out data tool (Mode) to build and manage detailed financial models in Excel; work confidently on our company-wide model in partnership with our Director of Finance
- Build strong relationships across all departments and drive data-driven conversations in close partnership with our data team
- Partner with the Data Insights team to own the metrics and narrative that drive monthly company performance reviews with our full leadership team; assist in the creation, consolidation and distribution of monthly reports and critical metrics
- Support the company as we navigate the nuances of how we measure our SaaS metrics over the course of a customer’s life cycle (i.e., LTV, churn)
- Create and own the KPI dashboards that regularly report the health of the business
- Run deep analyses around high potential projects such as:
- Understanding the underlying drivers of churn in partnership with Product
- Identifying expansion trends in high value customer segments
- Developing efficiency metrics for Customer Support
Ideal Background and Experience:
- Strong experience developing financial models – You are extremely comfortable in Excel and can synthesize complex investigations into easily-digestible findings (in chart or written form). Ideally, you have previously worked as a financial analyst.
- Strong business acumen for SaaS businesses – You think deeply about business strategy and profitability, and have experience translating what you see into financial implications. You can proactively identify and investigate potential areas of opportunity with independence
- Engaged, analytical thought partner – You are excited about partnering with coworkers to figure out how analytics can solve problems. You are skilled in translating business questions into data analysis opportunities. You are equally great at communicating and framing limitations to an analysis or set of assumptions.
- Strong time management skills – You are able to manage multiple projects and teams at a time, and consider communication and prioritization keys to your success
- Clear and concise communicator – You know how to communicate complex concepts effectively and concisely and are comfortable presenting and debating in large groups. We’re looking for strong data advocates who can plug into cross-functional working teams seamlessly and drive cultural pushes for the organization to become more data driven
- Proficient technical skill – Ideally, you are competent in working in SQL to query and manipulate datasets
- Market/Macroeconomics interest – you are someone who likes to dig into publicly available data on other companies to keep your market sense up-to-date and on-point
How you describe yourself:
- You like to solve problems - You push yourself to solve problems in novel, scalable ways so that you are never solving the same problem twice
- You are curious and a learner - You are always seeking to improve yourself, and you love to learn new things while going deeper in the areas you know
- You thrive on direct, honest, and supportive communication and feedback
- You are infectiously optimistic - To you, there’s nothing more exciting than a new challenge. Hard things are hard, but you don’t let that get in the way
- You appreciate the opportunities and challenges that come with finance at a SaaS company - you spend your time learning about and challenging the metrics that the industry uses to measure success
Who you will work with:
- You will report directly to the Head of Finance & Operation
- You will partner very closely with our Sr. Manager of Financial Analysis & Business Intelligence and our Director of Finance
- You will work closely with key stakeholders in all departments across the company
At Harvest, our compensation consists of three main components:
- A competitive base pay: The salary for this role is $150,000 in USD. Every Harvester with the same role expectations receives the same base pay. And we aim to pay at the top of the market (informed by third-party data) for all roles.
- Individual and company performance bonus plans: We believe in rewarding performance, so all Harvesters are eligible to receive an individual and company performance bonus after working with Harvest for a period of time.
- Competitive benefits*: We offer a number of benefits, including
- 15 days of vacation in your first year, plus company holidays and a week off for winter break. And you’ll get an addition two days per year until you reach twenty days.
- 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings for you, your spouse, and your dependents
- A yearly budget for your professional learning and development goals
- 401k planning with a 6% company match after three months with the company
- 16 weeks of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year as well as a virtual platform providing support across fertility, pregnancy, adoption, and through your first year of parenting
- A charitable giving matching program to support your contributions to your favorite charitable organizations
- And much more...
*Some of the benefits described are only available to U.S.-based Harvesters. Benefits information for non-U.S.-based Harvesters will be provided to individuals who interview for those roles.