- Partner closely with product, engineering, and business teams to understand feature adoption, proactively identify opportunities for improvement, and build robust scalable tools to empower decision-making at all levels of the company
- In partnership with our Data leaders, inform architectural decisions, establish best practices, develop lean scalable processes, and contribute to the overall direction of the Data organization at Discord!
- Create novel and interpretable metrics to provide insight into the health of Discord’s communities
- Transform data into information - establish hypotheses, dig deep, and seek to understand root causes - to make Discord better for all users
- Design experiments to measure causal impact and draw actionable conclusions
- Own the vision and roadmap for an Analytics team, supporting a key pillar of the Discord Product roadmap
- Build and mentor a world-class analytics team, expanding the impact of data at Discord
You Have (not hard qualifications - if you're not sure, please apply!):
- 3+ years of leadership experience as a data analytics manager, leading a team of 3+ analysts or scientists, with experience recruiting, interviewing, and mentoring
- Excellent skills in communicating to both technical and non-technical audiences, with an ability
- 6+ years of industry experience in applying analytics to answer vague business problems
- Expertise in SQL (any dialect)
- Proficiency in modern BI tooling (Chartio, Looker, Tableau, etc), with an eye towards clear and rich visualizations and performance
- Familiarity with basic A/B testing principles
- A collaborative attitude and natural curiosity
- Passion for Discord or online communities
- Experience with analytics for social media or international subscription-based online services, including familiarity with concepts such as social graphs, LTV analysis, funnel analysis, etc.
- Experience mentoring (or even managing!) other managers
- Experience with very large data sets and distributed computing
- Fluency in Python or R
- Familiarity with Airflow, GCP, BigQuery
- Experience partnering with business teams in a data-driven culture
- Medical insurance including Health, Dental, Vision)
- 18 paid holidays
- Unlimited sick days
- Parental Leave and fertility benefits
- Supported-employee clubs and Employee Resource Groups
- Commuter Contributions of $270 a month (pretax)
- Daily lunches and unlimited snacks
- Monthly gym and fitness stipend
Friends, coworkers, gamers, nerds, moms, dads, engineers, designers, marketers, support. Originally, we created Discord to help people come together around games. It's been amazing to watch it grow into what it is today - a place where millions of diverse communities exist and people connect with old friends and new. Diversity and inclusiveness are a critical part of how we get to what's next. We believe that with diversity comes a better product, better decisions, and a better work environment. As we continue to grow, our values keep us dedicated to building a company that is representative of the world we live and play in.
Discord is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting an inclusive work environment free of discrimination and harassment. We value diversity, inclusion, and aim to provide a sense of belonging for everyone.