Location: New York or Remote
Deep Labs is seeking an experienced, enthusiastic Lead Data Scientist to help grow the Deep Labs AI team while designing & building solutions for some of our client's most challenging problems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background working with data, experience applying machine learning and deep learning techniques to real-world problems, and a natural curiosity and desire to experiment, evaluate and solve problems as part of a fast-paced and growing, product-driven technology team. The role reports to the VP, Data Science & Engineering.
- Build regression, classification and clustering models using Machine Learning and/or Deep Learning algorithms and techniques (e.g. CNN, LSTM, GAN, transfer learning, reinforcement learning, graph learning)
- Identify opportunities to enrich and integrate data from multiple, diverse sources
- Build, train and evaluate prototype models, using a tool or framework of choice
- Work closely with engineering/infrastructure teams to help transition models from development to production
- Follow a methodical, analytical approach and have a natural curiosity to understand and get the best from data
- Collaboration across teams: communicate effectively across a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a dedicated data scientist role modeling fraud/risk, in one or more of the following industries: finance, payments, banking, risk, fraud, identity or behavioral analytics
- Strong knowledge and experience of Python (preferred) or R, and associated data manipulation/analysis libraries
- Working knowledge of open-source machine/deep learning tools and frameworks (e.g. Tensorflow, pytorch, h2o.ai, Databricks, scikit-learn)
- Experience using data mining & descriptive analytics to explore and profile new datasets, perform feature selection and extraction, and develop ethical and interpretable models
- Knowledge and/or work experience of public cloud environments (e.g. Google GCP or Amazon AWS)
Education: Masters or PhD level qualification in computer science, mathematics, or related discipline
- Knowledge and experience of good software engineering practices
- Keen interest and desire to stay abreast of the latest developments in AI research and industry
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and interact within a global team environment
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills; strong attention to detail
Why Deep Labs?
At Deep Labs there is tremendous potential to learn and grow, while also contributing to policies, decisions, and the direction of the company. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, and provide a highly open, honest, and fun work environment.
Our company is committed to equal employment opportunity. We will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on any legally-recognized basis ["protected class"] including, but not limited to: age, race, gender, pregnancy, religion or creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, genetic characteristics, military or veteran status, uniform service member status or any other protected class under federal, state or local law.