Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Marketing Analytics team at Square is responsible for marketing technology and data infrastructure, making recommendations to drive revenue growth and optimize spend, and measuring the impact of marketing campaigns. As a Measurement Analyst within the Marketing Analytics organization, you will analyze marketing performance results, develop and socialize learnings and recommendations, and drive experimentation to identify growth opportunities. You will be the liaison between the Afterpay and Square lead gen teams and the analytics team to ensure we have the proper measurement in place for all marketing programs. You will work closely with numerous stakeholder teams, including Marketing, Data Science, Data Engineering, and Sales. You will be foundational to the development of lead generation for Afterpay and uniquely positioned to inform our marketing and sales strategy for Afterpay and how it fits into Square’s ecosystem of products as well as expanding AfterPay as a standalone product.
- Own measurement, forecasting and ad hoc support for our lead generation growth initiatives
- Drive planning processes and keep a pulse on the latest measurement methodologies to measure efficacy and effectiveness of lead generation programs
- Work closely with the Lead Generation manager to define campaign objectives and develop cross-channel measurement plans and KPIs to ensure results are measurable and actionable
- Work with the Data Science team to develop insights to evaluate effectiveness and inform optimization decisions for future lead generation strategies
- Work with our data science, ad operations, and data engineering teams to ensure measurement capabilities are in place prior to campaign execution
- Deliver regular business critical reports on marketing performance, ensuring consistency, accuracy and timeliness with actionable insights on learnings
- 5+ years of experience in evaluating marketing campaign effectiveness and performance analytics or equivalent analytical experience
- Advanced proficiency with SQL, Google Sheets, and data visualization tools like Looker
- Excellent communication skills, particularly when explaining technical matters to less technical co-workers
- Experience working with marketing measurement tools, including multi-touch attribution, media mix modeling, and hypothesis testing
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguous problems, assessing risks and tradeoffs, and making recommendations to business partners
- Demonstrate an ability to influence decision makers and work with cross-functional partners
- Comfort working in a fast-paced, matrixed organization, with multiple stakeholders across time zones
You ideally have or would love to learn:
- Familiarity with lead generation initiatives and metrics
- Familiarity with marketing automation and optimization platforms like Salesforce & Marketo
- Basic understanding of data infrastructure, data pipelines and ETL, data availability, and other technical requirements for reporting
- Familiarity with any programming language used for data analysis and insights (i.e. Python, R, etc.)
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $138,200 - USD $169,000
Zone B: USD $128,500 - USD $157,100
Zone C: USD $121,700 - USD $148,700
Zone D: USD $110,600 - USD $135,200
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits include the following:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
This role is also eligible to participate in Block's equity plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies, and may be eligible for a sign-on bonus. Sales roles may be eligible to participate in a commission plan subject to the terms of the applicable plans and policies. Pay and benefits are subject to change at any time, consistent with the terms of any applicable compensation or benefit plans.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.