Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient. We make it easier for people to take care of their homes and to actively participate in a cleaner, more resilient future.
To accomplish this mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure. Come join our team and ship a great consumer product built on our unique machine learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges, a deep stack that spans unsupervised and supervised machine learning, embedded, native mobile, web, and the cloud, and a team of highly curious, collaborative engineers and data scientists who enjoy solving hard problems together.
If the idea of having a significant positive impact on the product (and climate) sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
As an ML Software Engineer you will
- work with the data science team to:
- develop evaluation tools and dashboards.
- develop real-time appliance models that will run on the Sense monitor.
- productize core algorithms focusing on scalability and maintainability.
- Design and implement new data pipelines and databases as needed.
- 4+ years professional experience as a software engineer with ML exposure.
- Solid knowledge of computer science.
- Experience programming in Python.
- Knowledge of C/C++ or the willingness to learn them is a plus.
- Experience with relational databases such as MySQL.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Nice to have: Experience with AWS services.
- Nice to have: Experience with Deep Learning tools such as pytorch or tensorflow.
Sense supports a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Remote or local/hybrid in our Cambridge Central Square office
- Home office setup allowance ($200/year)
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)
- 401k plan
- Free Sense energy monitor for your home, discounts for friends and family