Sense’s mission is to reduce global carbon emissions by making homes smart and efficient. We make it easier for people to take care of their homes and to actively participate in a cleaner, more resilient future. We’re serious about having a real impact on climate change.
To accomplish this mission, we are building an AI and automation platform for home energy infrastructure.
Come join the Data Science team and ship a great consumer product built on our unique machine learning technology. We have a wide range of interesting technical challenges that span rich time-series data analysis, supervised and unsupervised machine learning, embedded and the cloud, and a team of highly curious, collaborative data scientists and engineers who enjoy solving hard problems together.
If the idea of having a significant positive impact on the product sounds exciting to you, let's talk!
What you'll do
- Design and implement the next generation of scalable machine learning and deep-learning algorithms that learn home-appliance models and can estimate their wattage consumption from wattage time-series and other data representations.
- Have the unique opportunity to dive into high resolution energy consumption data, clean it up, and define a ground truth that can be used to evaluate your algorithms.
- Drive successful algorithms to production.
- Contribute to the technical vision of Sense
- 4 - 5 years of professional experience in machine learning and deep learning implementations.
- Solid understanding of signal processing, time-series and frequency analysis.
- > 4 years professional experience with software development in Python.
- Working experience with Numpy, Pandas, and scikit-learn, a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, Keras, and PyTorch.
- Nice to Have:
- Experience with software development in C/C++
- Experience with AWS services
Sense aims to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We welcome candidates with backgrounds that are traditionally underrepresented in tech, and we strive to foster an engaging, respectful and supportive community where everyone feels empowered to do their best work. Sense is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
Sense is a growing VC-backed startup with an experienced leadership team and revolutionary machine learning technology.
- Best Startups in Cambridge - Tech Tribune
- "One of the world's top 100 AI companies" - VentureBeat
- Clean Tech Company of the Year - New England Venture Capital Association
- 50 on Fire - BostInno
- Top 100 - Red Herring
- Best Consumer AI Technology - AI Dev World
- Global Cleantech 100
- Competitive compensation including equity
- 401k Match
- Great work-life balance
- Flexible work hours
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks/year + 1 week paid sick time
- Paid parental leave (5 weeks or more depending on location)
- Dependent Care Accounts
- Generous healthcare benefits for employees and dependents
- Medical (90% of the premium and first 50% of the deductible)
- Dental (90%)
- Vision (100%)
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, AD&D, long- and short-term disability insurance (100%)