With millions of diners, tens of thousands of restaurants, and 23+ years of experience, OpenTable, part of Booking Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), is an industry leader with a unique insight into the world of hospitality. We champion restaurants, bars, wineries, and other venues around the world, helping them attract guests, manage capacity, improve operations and maximize revenue.
Every employee at OpenTable has a tangible impact on what we do and how we do it. You’ll also be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of travel brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined.
Hospitality is all about taking care of others, and it defines our culture. You’ll work in a welcoming and inclusive environment, and get the benefits, flexibility, and support you need to succeed.
Reporting to the Director, Global Strategy, Operations, and Analytics, this position will be responsible for leading a team of data analysts/developers to provide insights and reports that drive business decisions across OpenTable. The role will collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business problems and develop solutions through data analysis, create and manage data dashboards and visualizations, and evaluate new data sources and tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the data analytics team.
The Manager level position is expected to have a strong understanding of the OpenTable Systems and its impact on the data architecture. This position must have strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment and be a strong communicator with an analytical mindset.
In this role, you will:
- Build, manage and lead a team of high performing data analysts/engineer
- Prioritize and manage the team's workload to ensure timely delivery of data insights, dashboards and analysis to stakeholders
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify business problems and develop solutions through data analysis
- Develop and implement data-driven strategies to improve business performance and drive revenue growth
- Create and manage data dashboards, reports, and visualizations that provide insight into key business metrics
- Drive the adoption of data-driven decision making across the organization, including coaching and training on best practices for data analysis and visualization
- Evaluate new data sources and tools to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the data analytics team
- Ensure data accuracy, completeness, and security in accordance with company policies and industry standards
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in data analytics, and identify opportunities for improvement in data processes and methodologies
Please apply if:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics or a related field, with at least 3 years of experience managing a team of data analysts/engineers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to translate complex data into actionable insights
- Proficient in SQL and one or more programming languages such as Python or R
- Experience with Snowflake or any other relational database
- Experience with design and development of ETL processes
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Superset or Microstrategy
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate complex data concepts to non-technical stakeholders
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- High energy and contagious enthusiasm; willing to take on tough projects
- Paid Time Off - 20 days a year
- Birthday/celebration PTO - 1 day
- Annual company weeks off
- Flexible sick time off
- Paid volunteer time
- Maternity leave - 18 weeks
- Paternity leave - 10 weeks
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Group RRSP and DPSP
- Major Medical Insurance (dependent care options)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
OpenTable aspires to be a workplace that reflects the diverse communities we serve and a culture that is inclusive and welcoming. Hiring people with different backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, and ideas is critical to innovation and to how we deliver great experiences for our users and our partners. Representation matters.
We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform job responsibilities, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
"Remote Work Allowed"