Demyst unlocks innovation with the power of data. Our platform helps enterprises solve strategic use cases, including lending, risk, digital origination, and automation, by harnessing the power and agility of the external data universe. We are known for harnessing rich, relevant, integrated, linked data to deliver real value in production. We operate as a distributed team in the US and Asia and serve over 50 clients globally as a strategic external data partner. Frictionless external data adoption within tech forward enterprises is unlocking market growth and allowing solutions to finally get out of the lab. If you like to actually get things done and deployed, versus never ending exploration, Demyst is your new home.
DemystData is looking for a talented developer to join their team. Our smart, friendly, and hardworking team have a wide range of challenging problems that need solving. Ideal candidates will have a software development philosophy that emphasizes automation and reproducibility and will value engineering software in a way that minimizes the maintenance burden. The ideal candidate is someone who enjoys problem-solving while maintaining an optimistic outlook and learning new things from it. You'll be expected to show a lot of autonomy and will in turn receive a great deal of support wherever and whenever you need it.
This role is fully remote
- Building automation to download, clean, structure, import, and host data
- Monitor production ETL jobs
- Help build out our ETL alerting system across applications
- Contribute to building out processes to understand and normalize arbitrary datasets
- Develop and improve RESTful applications and packages
- Opportunities to work on entity detection, record linking, and NLP projects will also be available
- Intermediate knowledge of Python is a must
- Familiarity with common data structures and languages, e.g., SQL, JSON, Elastic Search.
- Basic understanding of AWS and components like Lambda, Cloudwatch, S3, Athena, Aurora, etc.
- Must have ETL experience working on data-centric solution
- Experience with software engineering and version controlling using Git
- Basic understanding of AWS and components like Lambda, S3, Athena, EC2
- Strong alignment with core organizational values
- Bachelor's (or Master's. in lieu of experience) in a technical discipline (e.g., computer science, software engineering, etc.)
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to identify and solve complex business needs.
- Experience with Python, pandas and PySpark would be desirable
- Work with the largest consumer and business external data market in an emerging industry that is fueling AI globally
- Outsized impact in a small but rapidly growing team offering real autonomy and responsibility for client outcomes
- Stretch yourself to help define and support something entirely new that will impact billions
- Work within a strong, tight-knit team of subject matter experts and overseeing a team of renaissance technical talent
- Small enough where you matter, big enough to have the support to deliver what you promise
- Distributed working team and culture, recognition of outcomes and merit, not presenteeism
- Generous benefits & competitive compensation
Demyst is committed to creating a diverse, rewarding career environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage individuals from all walks of life to apply.