Our bottom line is different.
There’s something special about working at ATB, and it’s been recognized on every top employer list that matters. Maybe it’s our exceptional culture where your total wellness is supported through market-leading benefits and you’re free to bring your whole self to work. Maybe it’s our commitment to a growth mindset and our unrelenting thirst for making it possible for fellow Albertans—even the ones who aren’t our clients.
Whatever it is, you won’t find a more genuine, driven and knowledgeable group of humans anywhere. We foster a culture of purpose, performance and possibilities. We engage with intense curiosity, and bring our whole selves to work, every day. We know it starts with people like you, so take a chance and start with us.
Job Number: REQ5324
Location: Anywhere in Alberta, preference for Calgary or Edmonton #LI-Remote
Apply by: Wednesday, December 21, 2022
System Title: Software Developer 8
# Positions available: 1
Leader Name: Daniel Arogundade
As ATB’s next Principal Analyst, AI Operations, you will participate in data science initiatives and lead the operationalization of AI/ML services and products. Your ability to operationalize and continue to support AI/ML services and products will be tested. As one of the faces of the AI community, you will lead and promote the growth of the evolving AI/ML discipline from an operational perspective. You will exemplify operational excellence in delivering and supporting AI/ML solutions.
- Implement data science model, support code refactoring and optimization, containerization, deployment, versioning, and monitoring of model quality.
- Collaborate with Architecture, Cloud Infrastructure, Security, Data and AI Governance, and other support teams at all levels to foster successful partnerships critical to the design, development, testing, and implementation of continuous delivery solutions (CICD).
- Participate in AI/ML product solution design, testing/test automation, validation and contribute to project roadmaps.
- Identify risks and proffer mitigation plan/solution to resolve impediments to targeted milestones.
- Lead the prioritization and resolution of escalations and take proactive steps to address root causes.
- Develop, implement, and monitor day-to-day operational systems and processes that provide visibility into goals, progress, and obstacles for our key initiatives.
- Advance the knowledge, skills, performance and development in AI/ML.
- Promote ATB's software development lifecycle (SDLC) and ensure compliance with ATB’s SDLC processes.
- Promote and adhere to ATB’s CI/CD and CT/CM processes, ensuring compliance with all processes.
- Support and champion the evolution of the delivery framework to provide the optimum platform for rapid and repeatable delivery of new solutions and support of existing solutions.
- Assume full ownership of new technology solutions or PoCs where applicable - from prototype to growth.
- Continuously drive to explore, improve, enhance, automate, and optimize systems and tools to best meet evolving business and market needs.
- Lead estimation and forecasting work; ensure that technology solutions are delivered in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Interact with all relevant technology services and operations teams in scheduling and implementing periodic maintenance of systems hardware and software, including supporting and/or leading hardware and software upgrades and system releases.
- Assist with the alignment, agreement, and documentation of service level targets and responsibilities - e.g., SLRs, OLA, SLAs to continually improve the performance of operations.
- Assist with coordinating the transition of projects from implementation to operations, documentation, version management and knowledge transfer.
- Identify, manage, and control associated risks with AI/ML model transition to production.
- Coach and mentor team members at lower levels.
- University degree in computer science, engineering, business, or related disciplines or an acceptable combination of education, experience and training.
- 5+ years of experience in big data related projects, preferably in the deployment and support of Machine Learning Models.
- 5+ years experience with programming languages like Python, R, C++ or Bash.
- 5+ years experience in infrastructure and information systems environment.
- 3+ years of experience working with Agile methodology and tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Advanced knowledge of Machine Learning Operations (i.e. ML pipeline orchestration).
- Proficiency in structured and unstructured database languages (i.e. BigQuery , NoSQL, MS SQL).
- Ability to implement MLOps pipelines on cloud solutions (GCP, AWS ,MS Azure).
- Experience with MLOps frameworks like Kubeflow, MLFlow, DataRobot, Airflow etc.
- Experience with containerization such as Docker, Kubernetes and OpenShift.
- Advanced knowledge of Linux and frameworks such as scikit-learn, Keras, PyTorch, Tensorflow, etc.
- Ability to understand tools used by data scientists and experience with software development and test automation.
- Fundamental knowledge of ITIL and IT operational processes.
- Advanced understanding of IT operational monitoring and automation systems.
- Blue Prism certification or comparable experience would be an asset.
- Knowledge of data analytic and visualization tools like Tableau and Microsoft Power BI would be an asset.
- Certification related to data science or machine learning, or relevant experience in this realm.
- Work with delivery squad, data platforms team, AI platforms team, data scientists, operations team and technical thought leaders in AI.
- Work cross-functionally with all lines of ATB business, supporting internal AI and automation units as well as external vendors.
- Work in close partnership with technology partners and the customer experience office.
- Experience with operations of products and services powered by machine learning algorithms.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of the machine learning lifecycle and ability to move services from development into production.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to recognize and comprehend complex issues, policies, regulatory requirements and industry information affecting ATB's environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, communication, problem-solving, decision-making and collaboration skills.
- Decisive and self-directed, comfortable working in a rapid-paced, constantly changing environment requiring the ability to manage and prioritize multiple priorities while achieving great results.
- Experience defining and ensuring an industry-leading software operations process is followed. Well versed in security best practices as it relates to software development and operational support.
- Ability to adapt to new responsibilities as assigned.
- Strong risk management skills.
At ATB, we know that as you develop in your career, you gain many transferable skills. If you believe your experience and qualities are a match for this position, please consider applying.
Interested? If you know one of our team members, BEFORE applying, reach out to them and ask them for a referral link to help your application stand out.
Online applications are preferred. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
Be great. Be you. Believe.
We are dedicated to building a workforce reflective of the diversity within our communities and creating an environment where every team member has what they need to reach their potential. We encourage candidates from all equity-seeking groups to apply.
What happens next?
Thank you for applying online. If you are shortlisted for this opportunity, you will hear from us after the posting close date regarding next steps. We might ask you to participate in a digital interview or phone interview. If you require any accommodations, please let us know.
Stay in touch!
ATB is excited to know you’re interested in a career with us! Follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram to get the inside scoop on what our team is up to.