Principal Machine Learning Engineer Employees can work remotely Full-time Job Description Procore seeks a Principle Machine Learning Engineer to lead the portfolio and technical roadmap for ML domain-specific investments, develop products and platforms, conduct and publish research, and engineer at scale.
As an engineering leader, you’ll lead the delivery of the future of our next-generation insights, recommendations, and automated experience roadmaps, and to enable AI capabilities to everyone in construction on a global platform.
This position will report to the Sr Director of Engineering - AI and has the opportunity to work remotely from a U.S., Canada or U.K. location, or in our Carpinteria, CA, New York, NY, or Austin, TX office. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Produce and document roadmaps for domain-specific AI use cases, including consulting on OKRs across teams, reviewing designs, participating in technical discussions, and driving engineering investments for AI.
- Conduct research to advance the state-of-the-art in neural networks, NLP, or other domains.
- Utilize that research to develop and deploy scalable neural network models into production.
- Collaborate with team members from other research and applied research teams working on a variety of deep learning and NLP problems.
- Partner with Product Management and other technical leaders to translate use cases into AI Product portfolio.
What we’re looking for:
- MS degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field with experience in machine learning related work or research, or PhD degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Extensive Experience with Statistics, Natural Language Processing, ML platforms, Recommendation Systems, Pattern Recognition, etc.
- Expert with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, PHP, and/or shell scripts. Experience developing and debugging in Java, C++ or similar.
- Experience with distributed data processing frameworks such as Spark or Flink
Nice to have:
- Experienced in construction technologies and software, or adjacent verticals such as Real Estate, Oil and Gas, or Mining.
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.