First and foremost, Kyruuvians care deeply about our vision to enable human beings to care for human beings, our mission, and our CORE values:
• Caring – We care about doing the right thing, in the right way, every time.
• Ownership – We own both our successes and our mistakes, taking responsibility and always learning how to be better.
• Respect – We respect and celebrate the individual traits that enable each of us, our customers, our providers, and our patients, to be the best that we can be.
• Empowerment – We embrace a culture that supports everyone’s ability to contribute and lead.
Here’s what that would mean for you in this role and check out our engineering blog here!
About Kyruus's Search Team
At Kyruus, the journey for a patient begins with the ability to match that patient with the right provider (e.g. doctor). The matching platform that is built by the search team is what drives this experience. Given a rich data set and our custom clinical library, we provide the ability for a patient to search by provider name, specialty, or a specific condition and then further fine tune those results to ultimately give a list of providers that best match the patient’s needs.
The Search & API team ‘s mission is to connect humans to the right care by connecting them to the right data. Today, this API is used on our customers’ websites to allow patients to search for care based on their needs in order to find the best match. The API is also used in our customers call centers, doctor’s offices, etc to provide a full, multi-channel access solution.
The Search & API team is responsible for managing the flow of information from Kyruus to external consumers. The team manage’s the Elasticsearch infrastructure, feature modeling, data ingestion, and the Flask API used both internally and externally. We are also responsible for the translation to different languages allowing our customers to provide the same experience to non-english speaking consumers.
You’ll design and write code (lots!) across multiple applications to make progress toward assigned tasks on the product roadmap and/or planned customer commitments.
• Your typical day will include writing code and reviewing others’ code. You’ll participate in and contribute to Agile team activities. You may play a specific role (such as Team Lead or Architect Owner) on your Agile team.
• You’ll help drive clarity in our sprint planning. You’ll contribute to task definition, prioritization, and assignment. You’ll drive your deliverables with a sense of urgency and ownership along with surfacing risks, mitigating them, and suggesting course corrections when appropriate.
• You are comfortable taking on tasks with ambiguous business requirements and unclear technical strategy. You’ll use your technical expertise and mental resilience to identify bring order to chaos in terms of defining technical strategy and clarity of incremental execution.
• You’ll provide technical mentorship to fellow engineers.
• You’ll work with Engineering management and Product to get customer feedback to inform our architecture and technical designs that could span multiple functional systems.
• You’ll report to the Manager, Engineering for Search within the R&D - Engineering division.
• You’ll own the process of unlocking our data’s full potential for consumers to find and book the right match to care by using industry standard informational retrieval & NLP techniques and tools.
How You’ll Use Your Professional Skills
You’ll use your 8+ years programming experience to:
• Help your Agile team solve complex technical design problems and user workflows by building out Python/Flask based API’s, working with Elasticsearch to build scalable, performant solutions, and leveraging machine learning techniques to deliver more relevant and valuable data.
• Employ the AWS ecosystem to build serverless applications and use standard tooling like SAM, CodeDeploy, and Bitbucket Pipelines to automate the deployment.
• Exceed the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers with high quality designs and code
• Assess business value, tech debt, and tradeoffs during task prioritization.
You’ll use your experience in/familiarity with technologies relevant to Kyruus to:
• Build, scale, and deliver dynamic and highly-available, data-centric enterprise solutions
• Think creatively about how to use technology and tools to solve problems faced by our users and customers
• Evaluate and recommend new technologies and techniques relevant to add to our stack.
You’ll use your communication and active listening skills to:
• Understand the needs of our users and customers at the beginning of each project
• Provide complete, actionable, and timely technical feedback to your Agile team
• Mentor fellow engineers
• Create an inclusive environment where your peers feel motivated to succeed
How You’ll Know You’re Succeeding
• You are a highly productive engineer committing a substantial amount of high-quality code reliably and on time to help the team achieve product roadmap goals and customer commits.
• You regularly write excellent documentation.
• You follow Agile practices in your daily and weekly work and are extremely dependable.
• You mentor engineers on a wide range of technical areas that you’re a subject matter expert and share your knowledge on relevant topics with Kyruuvians by presenting at Lunch & Learns, Technical Brown Bags, and internal demos.
• When presented with challenging situations or unexpected obstacles to your team’s progress or that of cross-functional projects, you unblock these projects by developing creative solutions and mitigating technical risks.
• You anticipate and develop strategies for future requirements. You understand strategic trends within the search & machine learning spaces, and actively seek to bolster your product’s impact with them in mind.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Kyruus is dedicated to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information. We will not discriminate, in any employment decision, against any individual or group on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or veterans/national guard/military reserve status. This shall be done in compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local laws in every location in which Kyruus has facilities.