We don’t believe in black magic or divine intervention that graces a few lucky entrepreneurs. We do, however, believe in leveraging structured, rigorous thinking and quick, nimble iteration to create products that customers love.
As a Senior Analyst, Data Visualization -- you will own the communication of metrics about our business. There are a several values and analytical questions that guide the team’s thinking:
1. Metric Design - Are the metrics we’re looking at a good reflection of what the business cares about?
2. Accuracy - Are the chosen metrics calculated accurately?
3. Completion - Are all major topics and areas of the business covered by the suite of dashboards?
4. Reliability - Are dashboards always up to date?
5. Organization - Do users know where to go to find the canonical answer about any arbitrary high-level topic?
6. Distribution - Are dashboards delivered on some reasonable cadence to the right stakeholders?
7. Segmentation - Does each dashboard allow filtering and measuring by the most critical dimensions?
8. Usability - Do users understand how to read the dashboards & use the tools available?
9. Beauty - Is it a joy to look at and use these tools?
To answer these questions, we work closely with Product teams to develop a suite of metrics, exploratory analyses, tools, and dashboards; all supported by robust data pipelines that scale with the needs of the business.
Reports to: Analytics Manager, Data Visualization
Who we are.
Root Insurance is the nation’s first licensed insurance carrier powered entirely by mobile. We were founded on the belief that the services you need for everyday life should serve you better. That’s why we base insurance coverage on you, not your demographic. It’s the way insurance should be. And it’s all conveniently in an app.
What draws people to Root.
Our early success is in large part due to our unwavering standards in hiring. We recognize that our product is only as good as the people building and promoting it. We look for individuals who find solutions by going through the cycle of ideation to implementation with curiosity, rigor, and a highly analytical lens. Ask anyone who works here, and you’ll hear similar reasons for why they joined:
Autonomy. For assertive self-starters, the opportunities to contribute are limitless.
Impact. By challenging the way it’s always been done, we solve problems that have a big impact on our business.
Collaboration. We encourage rich discussion and civil debate at every turn.
People. We are inspired by the collection of crazy-smart people around us.