About the role:
As a Senior Analytics Engineer you support decision making across the organization. This support spans the organization from the product and engineering teams to operations and finance. More specifically you work closely with subject matter experts to document, curate, and build tools to enable them to make decisions informed by data.
This role is uniquely cross functional, as this decision support will sometimes span all the way from automating data acquisition to analysis. But that’s not all, a big part of this role is providing leadership in the process of discovery, design, and building tools you and the rest of the Data Team leverage to provide all of the above.
- Create new data models, views, and data flows from a variety of sources to support product experimentation and device troubleshooting
- Collaborate with engineers across our stack to improve our telemetry collection capabilities and better inform downstream alerting metrics and troubleshooting tools
- Build data quality tests for our IOT device telemetry and ERP system including testing for data recency, cardinality, etc
- Lead product analytics standardization across web and mobile to take maximum advantage of both off the shelf product analytics tools and our internal analytics stack.
- Support business users through workshops, query and dashboard performance monitoring, creating upstream processing steps as needed. (Ex. aggregates, event sequencing/grouping, time series spines, etc)
- Build analytics on our analytics stack, everything from access auditing/monitoring to building qualitative insights on trends in inbound data requests.
- Advanced SQL skills to get the data you need from a data warehouse (e.g., BigQuery, Athena, Redshift) and perform data segmentation and aggregation from scratch
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL, dbt, BigQuery
- Data modeling and schema design
- Familiar with ETL/ELT tools (we use Airflow and Stitch)
- Experience in modern advanced analytical tools and programming languages such as Python
- Software engineering fundamentals and ability to write production-ready code
- Experience with version control systems (i.e. Git, Github) and workflows
- Experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Data Studio, Looker, Mode, Metabase, Superset etc. (we use SigmaComputing)
- Knowledge of Computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, performance complexity, and implications of computer architecture on software performance (e.g., I/O and memory tuning)
- Cloud (AWS) & DevOps concepts (e.g., CICD), Software container technology (e.g., Kubernetes, Docker)
- Familiarity with Data Science workflow and life cycle
- Familiarity with Agile Methodologies and processes (we use Agile/SCRUM in JIRA)
- Understanding of CI/CD best practices (we have Github Webhooks -> dbt Cloud)
- Solid programming skills with Python data stack libraries and tools such as pandas, Jupyter Notebooks, Matplotlib, etc
Traits required for success in this role:
- Comfortable with ambiguity: You love tackling nebulous problems through discovery, experimentation and iteration
- Curious about People: You dive into nebulous problems and ask progressively better questions as you get more info about the problem being solved
- Curious about Process: You're curious about the minimal information artifacts which need to be captured from a business process or user interaction in order to run an experiment.
- Pragmatic about Maintainability: You take pride in the experience you provide to those who read your queries or extend your abstractions; an instinctive understanding of the tradeoff between time and succinctness shows in your work
More about Level Home:
When we look around our homes today, we see opportunity. We see “smart” products that lack utility and connected devices that push us further apart. We see consumers with high expectations, current standards set too low, and products that simply fail to deliver.
Level Home Inc. is re-inventing the standard. We’re redefining “smart”, to center around thoughtfulness, practicality, and the people who make the problem worth solving. We approach product design with a blank slate, zero assumptions, and an open-mind, because the way a problem is defined sets the stage for its solution. We couple deep expertise with unbridled curiosity, because to us “smart” means simple, intuitive, and useful.
We start with empathy, take new perspectives, and challenge existing standards. People are at the heart of what we do, and respecting their style, choices, and preferences is the first step to uncovering a thoughtful solution that truly improves their daily lives. After all, we’re not just designing products for a house, we are designing them for the people who make it a home.
Level Home Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability or genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
A note to Recruitment Agencies: Please don’t reach out to Level employees or leaders about our roles -- we’ve got Recruiting covered. We don’t accept unsolicited agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you for your understanding.