About the Business Analytics Team
The Business Analytics team’s mission is to unlock strategic opportunities and enable Thumbtack to achieve its full business potential. To accomplish this mission, we focus on:
Strategic insights: Analytics to uncover insights that will be game-changers for our business, and that inform company strategy and team execution.
Business performance: Metrics, dashboards, and forums that help us measure progress towards our goals and foster deep understanding of our business.
Telling Thumbtack’s story: Using metrics and data visualization to tell Thumbtack’s story to investors, board members, our team, and the world.
Building a world-class team: hiring the best, and investing in coaching, learning, and team building.
We are a tight-knit group that is passionate about driving business impact through analytics.
About the Role
As a Business Analytics team member, you’ll drive insights and action across the breadth of the marketplace. You’ll be a steward of key company metrics and dashboards, and dive deep on analytical questions that are critical to Thumbtack’s success. You’ll partner with our leadership team to develop company strategy and goals, share performance updates with the Board, and work with teams across the business to drive actionable insights and business impact. This particular role will focus on deep-dive analyses to uncover insights that can influence company strategy and help with revenue forecasting.
- Define, measure, and track the key metrics that measure Thumbtack’s success
- Design and build key company data tables, dashboards, and insights tools that power decisions across the company, and evolve them as our product and business change
- Conduct in-depth analyses to answer key questions that are critical to Thumbtack’s strategy
- Support and improve company revenue forecasting model, and forecasting/planning process
- Partner effectively with teams across the company, including Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations, Finance, as well as Thumbtack’s leadership team
- Contribute to our team and company data culture through peer collaboration, training, coaching, and more
- BA/BS degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Math, Statistics, or Computer Science
- 4+ years of experience in a highly analytical role, preferably with experience in tech analytics
- Proficiency using SQL to analyze large data sets
- Basic knowledge of statistics
- Exemplary analytical problem solving skills, including strong business judgment and the ability to identify and synthesize insights from analysis
- Ability to work with company executives to understand the company’s business needs and drive decisions
- Strong communicator, attentive listener, and compelling explainer
- Prior work experience at a marketplace
- Strong statistics knowledge / experience
- Experience with R or Python
Thumbtack is a virtual-first company, meaning you can live and work from any one of our approved locations across the United States, Ontario or the Philippines*. When it is safe to gather, we will begin to host in-person events on a regular basis. Remote employees will be expected to travel occasionally for these events to a Thumbtack library or offsite team-building location. In cities with 5+ employees, we are establishing local communities, where employees can gather for local events. Additionally, employees in the San Francisco, Salt Lake City, Toronto and Manila areas will have opt-in access to communal workspace at one of our Thumbtack libraries. We always prioritize the health and safety of our employees. Currently, participation in these events and Thumbtack library use are optional. Both require employees to be fully vaccinated.