Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 30 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
As a Senior BI Engineer at Cash App, you will work alongside Analysts, Data Scientists, Engineers, and Product Managers to lay the foundation for the analysis of our large, unique dataset. We are an extremely data-driven team - from understanding our customers, managing and operating our business, and informing product development. You will build, curate, document, and manage key datasets using ETL to increase the leverage of the entire team.
- Be an expert on the ins and outs of our products, customers, and data
- Create new data models for the most widely used Cash App events, entities, and processes using ETL
- Standardize and enshrine business and product metric definitions in highly curated and optimized datasets using ETL in our data warehouse
- Teach and encourage others to self-serve while building tools that make it simpler and faster for them to do so
- Evangelize data, analytics, and data model design best practices
- Develop and manage our current set of BI tools and analytics/ETL infrastructure
- Alignment with Cash App's vision of building products for economic empowerment
- Experience building complex, scalable ETLs for a variety of different business and product use cases
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Airflow and Tableau
- Python and Java
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.