EnergyHub empowers utilities and their customers to create a carbon-free, distributed energy future by integrating enormous numbers of energy devices with the electric power grid. Our platform will soon coordinate more than a million devices like thermostats, EVs and batteries, along with enormous amounts of data from those devices.
In order to transform that data into valuable solutions for the energy industry, EnergyHub seeks to hire a Senior Data Analyst to spearhead the development of best-in-class visualization and reporting systems for massive amounts of energy data. Your work will enable both internal and external clients to develop a deep understanding of how EnergyHub’s software platform solves real-world energy challenges.
What you will do
- You will drive the development of a Business Intelligence (BI) / data analytics system within EnergyHub’s platform, including data architecture, prioritization, and team management
- You will collaborate with engineering teams, data scientists, product managers and client success managers to develop detailed system requirements
- You will build, prioritize and execute on a plan to deliver actionable intelligence to internal and external stakeholders
- You have previously worked in a multi-person business intelligence team
- You are passionate about finding valuable insights in large, complex datasets
- When you can’t find the data that you need, you are creative enough to infer and/or generate the data needed from other information that is available
- You are very, very skilled with one or more data analytics platforms, such as Tableau or Looker and are able to leverage those tools to develop valuable insights
- You have experience developing analytics dashboards that are useful and visually compelling
- You have experience developing automated reporting systems with business intelligence tools
- You enjoy communicating with others and and developing real relationships with colleagues, clients and external partners
- You are excited about the opportunities of working with very large datasets from disparate sources
- You have the ability to describe your ideal analytics schema to data engineering team members and work with them to improve data warehouse
- You are share our vision of a carbon-free distributed energy future
- You are passionate about empowering users through timely, accurate and actionable data
- You have experience with tools commonly used in data science and engineering such as SQL, dbt, Snowflake, R, Python/Jupyter, and/or Julia
- You have experience with data warehouse architecture
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- A strong background in mathematics and statistics in order to provide support to clients who need to understand complex statistics and to collaborate with data scientists who will use the analytics platform for statistical analysis
Why work for EnergyHub?
- Collaborate with outstanding people: Our employees work hard, do great work, and enjoy collaborating and learning from each other.
- Make an immediate impact: New employees can expect to be given real responsibility for bringing new technologies to the marketplace. You are empowered to perform as soon as you join the team!
- Gain well rounded experience: EnergyHub offers a diverse and dynamic environment where you will get the chance to work directly with executives and develop expertise across multiple areas of the business.
- Work with the latest technologies: You’ll gain exposure to a broad spectrum of IoT, SaaS and machine learning challenges, including distributed fault-tolerance, device control optimization, and process modeling to support scalable interaction with disparate downstream APIs.
- Be part of something important: Help create the future of how energy is produced and consumed. Make a positive impact on our climate.
- Focus on fun: EnergyHub places high value on our team culture. Happy hours and holiday parties are important to us, but what’s also important is how our employees feel every single day.
EnergyHub is a growing enterprise software company that works with the most forward-thinking companies in smart energy. Our platform lets consumers turn their smart thermostats, electric cars, water heaters, and other products into virtual power plants that keep the grid stable and enable higher penetration of solar and wind power. We work on technology that already provides energy and cost savings to millions of people through partnerships with the leading companies in the Internet of Things.
EnergyHub offers a generous benefits package including 100% paid medical for employees and a 401(k) with employer match. We offer a casual environment, the flexibility to set your own schedule, a fully stocked fridge and pantry, free Citi Bike membership, secure bike rack, gym subsidy, paid parental leave, and an education assistance program.
EnergyHub is an Equal Opportunity Employer
In connection with your application, we collect information that identifies, reasonably relates to or describes you (“Personal Information”). The categories of Personal Information that we may collect include your name, government-issued identification number(s), email address, mailing address, other contact information, emergency contact information, employment history, educational history, and demographic information. We collect and use those categories of Personal Information about you for human resources and other business management purposes, including identifying and evaluating you as a candidate for potential or future employment or future positions, recordkeeping in relation to recruiting and hiring, conducting analytics, and ensuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and Company policies.