As a Senior Data Analyst, you will be a key contributor to the company's growth by owning our data strategy as it relates to both the business and member experience. You will be the first member of the Data team, building a scalable foundation for data collection and reporting in order to drive forward company-wide decisions, informed by the data of our members. This position will report to the Head of Operations.
In the short term, you will:
- Project manage the setup, transfer, and replication of all of our data to the warehouse in collaboration with our Engineering team
- Navigate the complexity of our business model to lead a clarification process with leadership to define and codify business definitions (i.e. what is an "active member"?) in order to ensure consistency across all platforms and reporting
- Evaluate, select, implement, and manage a data visualization tool for streamlined monitoring of KPI's
- Support A/B and multivariate testing of member behavior to inform acquisition tactics and product development
In the long term, you will:
- Act as the subject matter expert on all things data
- Establish and maintain a single source of truth for data
- Provide analysis and data-driven recommendations through the development of ongoing reports & dashboards for Marketing, Product, Member Operations, Member Success, and Operations
- Drive efficiency across the data stack, ideally via automation
- Maintain data integrity through continuous technical upgrades and evaluation, implementation, and ownership of new tools
- Lead internal education efforts on best practices to utilize data and how to utilize data visualization tools
- Ensure alignment and shared understanding of our data across the organization.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience leading or owning a large majority of a data function for a fast-paced, B2C or D2C organization; subscription-company experience is a plus
- Experience owning digital marketing tracking and setting up attribution
- Excellent SQL skills; experience with R and Python are a plus
- Comfortable with Tableau, Looker, or other data visualization tool
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent organization skills, strong attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects across functions
- Comfortable working autonomously and with a team
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- An interest and ability to teach and explain technical concepts to non-technical users
Why you might love working here:
- 100% remote work environment, so go ahead and bring your dog to work or wear your PJ's to the office!
- Open vacation policy, with a 3 week minimum!
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental insurance
- 401(k) with a 5% match
- Up to 12-weeks of paid family leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Continuing education & development reimbursement
- Yearly team retreat (Last year we went to Riviera Maya. This year, we had a daily costume contest and went virtual!)
- Challenging problems to solve and an awesome team to collaborate with every single day
We want you to bring your authentic self to work every single day. We accept you for who you are and consider everyone on an equal opportunity basis without regard to ancestry; age; appearance; color; gender identity and/or expression; genetics; family or parental status; marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status; mental, physical, or sensory disability; national, social or ethnic origin; past or present military service; sexual orientation; socioeconomic status; race; religion or belief.
If you require a reasonable accommodation or assistance for any part of the interview and employment process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request.