Mux is video for developers. Our mission is to democratize video by solving the hard problems developers face when building video: video encoding and streaming (Mux Video), video monitoring (Mux Data), and more. Video is a huge part of people’s lives, and we want to help make it better.
We’re committed to building a healthy team that welcomes a diverse range of backgrounds and experiences. We want people who care about our mission, are ready to grow, believe in our values (from Be Human to Turn Customers Into Fans), and want to make the people around them better.
You’ll be joining a tight-knit team with experience at places like Google, YouTube, Twitch, Zencoder, Fastly, and more. Our founders previously started (and sold) Zencoder, an early leader in cloud video technology, and authored Video.js, the biggest HTML5 video player on the web. We organize Demuxed, the premiere conference for video engineers in the world.
We’re backed by top investors like Accel and Y Combinator. You’ll get to work with amazing companies: hundreds of startups, plus Reddit, Vimeo, Robinhood, CBSi, Discovery, PBS, and TED. Customers large and small love working with us and love our team.
We’re growing quickly and are building something big together. We’d love to hear from you!
About the Role
In this role, you'll drive data-driven decision making for the Mux Marketing team by translating raw data into actionable insights.
What You’ll Do
- Own end-to-end marketing analytics and reporting; define KPIs, build executive and front-line focused dashboards, and provide input into tooling decisions
- Identify and test opportunities to optimize funnel conversion, campaign performance and paid spend across digital channels
- Partner with functional leaders across the go-to-market and product teams to generate insights and recommendations on improving demand, conversion and LTV
- Partner with the data architecture & engineering teams to build a best-in-class marketing data ecosystem
Who You Are
Analytical rigor: develop structured approaches to problem solving and analytics, driving data driven decision making
Operational mindset: grounded in reality beyond the numbers and demonstrates strong instincts around execution
Entrepreneurial: motivated to work in a fast-paced, hypergrowth environment
Cross-functional influence: collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders and lead with influence
Strong communication: able to simplify highly complex problems and develop clear and actionable recommendations for technical and non-technical audiences
Commitment to Mux values: Be Human, Care Obsessively, Turn Customers Into Fans
Team-first approach: humility, drive, empathy
- 4+ years of hands-on experience working with very large datasets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation
- 2+ years of experience working directly with a marketing team in paid media analytics
- Domain experience in developer-first or enterprise B2B SaaS companies is a plus
- A deep understanding of A/B testing methodologies, campaign performance tracking, forecasting, digital marketing, and marketing attribution
- Proficient in SQL and BI visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Looker, etc); experience with Python / Pandas or R is a plus
- Familiarity with marketing analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Marketo, or similar)
You'll be joining an amazing team from places like Google/YouTube, Amazon/Twitch, Facebook/Oculus, and Brightcove. We have a supportive culture that cares about both excellent work and work-life balance.
- Flexible PTO
- Healthy work-life balance encouraged
- Competitive health, dental, and vision insurance (99% employee and 50% dependent premium coverage)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance
- Group life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Investment in career growth and training
- Thought leadership and peer recognition program
- “Day of Learning” events
- Reimbursements for headphones, cell phones, device upgrades, and SVOD services of Mux customers
- Catered meals and snacks
Mux is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse company. We believe diversity makes us better, and we strive to be inclusive and equitable. That’s why we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
Location: San Francisco or Remote (US)