Are you ready to apply your analytics skills to make a positive, measurable difference in people’s lives? Do you believe in the power of education?
InsideTrack, widely recognized as one of the most innovative and mission-driven organizations in postsecondary student success, is looking for a talented, motivated Senior Data Analyst (working remotely) to join our analytics team. InsideTrack, a member of the nonprofit Strada Education Network, is passionate about student success. Since 2001, we have been dedicated to partnering with colleges and universities to create adaptive coaching solutions that generate measurable results. These solutions combine professional coaching, technology and data analytics to increase enrollment, completion, and career readiness. Our coaching methodologies optimize student engagement and generate valuable insights on the student experience.
As a nonprofit organization, we’ve supported more than 2 million students since 2001 and currently support more than 4000 programs for a broad range of clients, including the California State University system, Ivy Tech Community College, and Harvard University Extension.
Join us in our mission to unlock the potential of 100 million people and enjoy an organization whose culture promotes job fulfillment, personal growth and work-life balance.
What does this role entail?
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will play an integral role in providing insights and analysis for our coaching services and student-facing products. You will shape the way business and product performance is measured, define what questions should be asked, and contribute to the development of products. You will work side by side with our product managers and engineers, and in close partnership with other business intelligence and operational teams.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Act as a thought partner in the translation of business requirements into compelling data products, visualizations, tools and reports.
- Use data to create a narrative for communicating coaching and product performance, outcomes, ROI and operational impacts to stakeholders through compelling executive presentations, data visualization and dashboardsPartner with the solutions team and coaching operations to identify opportunities to use advanced data analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions and uncover optimization opportunities.
- Automate, standardize and manage regular reports.
- Partner with analytics engineers to develop and maintain our data warehouse and reporting data models.
- Maintain documentation of metrics, definitions and processes used in reporting and analyses.
- Ensure data and reporting solutions align with internal data governance best practices.
What qualifications and experience are required for success in this role?
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline, preferred. Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree.
- 3-5 years of experience working in data analytics.
- Expert-level SQL skills and experience working with modern data warehouses (Redshift, BigQuery, Snowflake, etc)
- Ability to design, develop and support dashboards and reports in Tableau or similar data visualization tools (Looker, Periscope, Metabase, etc).
- Understanding of best practices for visual display of quantitative data.
- Experience working across the full stack of data analysis, including ETL, data modeling (bonus for experience with dbt), data analytics, and data visualization.
- Strong understanding of the analytics work stream and its business objectives (data extraction, manipulation, cleansing; descriptive exploratory data analysis; statistical modeling; presentation of analysis results).
- Deep curiosity on how to look at data from different angles, to gain insights and understandings that are not always obvious.
- High attention to detail and organization; able to account for and articulate the exact impact of changes in inputs on changes in output.
- Able to prioritize, work independently in a less structured work setting.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics to an audience of diverse backgrounds and skills.
- Must protect the confidentiality of student personal information and comply with FERPA.
Are there travel requirements?
This position will require between two - five percent (2-5%) travel time for business meetings with some overnight travel required. The amount of travel and expectations for the same are subject to change based on business needs and demands.
To Apply: Please submit your letter of interest and current resume.
Workplace: InsideTrack employees are widely distributed across the country, and as such we are open to fully remote candidates from the following states: Arizona, Oregon, California, Washington, Colorado, Texas, Florida, Tennessee, Pennsylvania, and Illinois.
At InsideTrack, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. InsideTrack believes that diversity and inclusion among our employees is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We welcome diverse applicants with a variety of life experiences and encourage all to apply! We are an EEO/AA employer.