At DI, we provide Data & Analytics expertise to drive measurable business outcomes, often solving complex business problems for our clients. Our data analytics advisory services enable our customers to transform data into insights by driving a culture of empowerment and ownership of results. Our team consists of highly motivated individuals passionate about learning, understanding, collaborating, and intellectually curious. For more information about Data Ideology, visit www.dataideology.com
Senior Data Engineer - Full-time
We are looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our growing team. Sr. Data Engineer will leverage their business and technical knowledge to develop production-ready data models by integrating multiple data sources while working with business and technical teams to understand business strategy and objectives, gather information, and ensure business requirements are being fulfilled throughout the entire data & analytics lifecycle.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
- Ability to collect and understand business requirements and translate those requirements into an actionable data warehouse plan.
- Knowledge of multi-dimensional and tabular design patterns and ability to identify solutions that leverage these modeling techniques.
- Ability to work within the SDLC framework in multiple environments and understand the complexities and dependencies of the data warehouse built within those constraints.
- Ability to define and implement best practices across database design and ETL.
- Ability to direct the work of others, including but not limited to directing ETL development, demonstrating an understanding of key concepts of ETL/ELT, including best practices for optimization and scheduling.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Education and Experience:
- Proven understanding of Data Warehousing, Data Architecture, and BI.
- Experience with data pipelines and architecture/engineering.
- Knowledge of modern apps and data platforms.
- Cloud-based project implementation.
- Azure Data Factory experience
- Snowflake experience is a plus
- Python or Java experience is a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BI/Data Warehousing (5+ years)
- Cloud platforms (2+ years)
- ETL (3+ years)
- SQL (3+ years)
- Data Modeling
- Data Vault Modeling
- Healthcare experience a plus
- Consulting experience a plus
- Remote work from home.
- Hours of work and days are generally Monday through Friday. Specific business hours will depend on client needs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time.
- The person in this position must occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, library stacks, office machinery, etc.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and printer.
- The person in this position frequently communicates with clients and coworkers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
- Flexible Time Off Policy
- Insurance (medical, dental, vision) for employees
- 100% company paid - short and long-term disability insurance for employees
- 100% company paid - life insurance and AD&D insurance for employees
- 100% company paid – employee assistance program
- Retirement plans with company match
- Training and Certification Reimbursement annually
- Performance-based incentive program
- Commission incentive program
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Referral Bonuses
Data Ideology is an EEO Employer