What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner with Safety teams across products and ops through the full lifecycle of data analytics from ideation and exploratory analysis, to building dashboards and reports
- Define KPIs and diagnostic metrics that help improve the user experience, encapsulating these measures in clean crisp dashboards that provide the company with timely and actionable information
- Dive deep in our data to understand our users, analyze patterns, identify emerging abuse vectors, and surface recommendations that will shape the future of our product roadmap.
- Use our amazing infrastructure to quickly and easily build custom data sets to monitor novel product features and processes
- Be a champion of A/B testing and help groups throughout the company design, analyze, and interpret A/B tests correctly
- Collaborate with data and engineering teams to design scalable and future-proof instrumentation
You Will Thrive In This Role If
- 4+ years of experience autonomously translating ambiguous business problems into deep informative insights through hands-on analytics
- 4+ years of experience building performant dashboards using Tableau, Looker, or similar software - with proficiency in designing clean crisp visualizations
- 2+ years acting as a strategic thought leader with partner teams, helping define success metrics, set targets, and design proactive analysis that helped the team achieve its goals.
- 2+ years of experience in the design, analysis, and interpretation of A/B tests in a large data environment
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to translate complicated findings or technical approaches in easy-to-understand ways
- A desire to work in a fast-paced environment with many unsolved problems!
- Experience on a safety, risk, or integrity team, and/or a deep passion for making Discord a safer place.
- Experience with writing production ETL
- Experience with technical leadership, being the point person for one or more stakeholder groups
- Experience with statistical analysis using R, Python, or advanced SQL.
- Passion for Discord or online communities
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $175,000 year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $140,000 year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!