Looking to spread your wings?
Join our Google-owned, Austin-based game studio and help us make absurd and highly polished VR for Everyone!
We offer an outstanding fully remote working environment focused on collaboration and personal growth, with a positive work/life balance and excellent benefits.
Owls in this role role will design, implement, and maintain data analytical tools to facilitate the continued development and improvement of Owlchemy Labs’ games.
- Drive the product analytics function by analyzing large, complex application driven data sets to address strategic and operational business questions
- Develop frameworks, models, tools, and processes to ensure accurate data collection and analysis
- Provide actionable recommendations and conclusions from game data to shape features, live service and future product roadmaps
- Apply industry standard data science techniques in the evaluation of project objectives or contributes to the implementation of strategic direction
- Generally conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis on data to generate insights and information to ensure correct predictive forecasting or classification (reports)
- Assist with analysis of sales data to drive marketing campaigns
- Develop and communicate reports and deliverables with stakeholders
- Communicate constructively and clearly with all disciplines
- Collaborate with owls like QA, Art, Audio, Engineering, Design, and Writing to meet task goals and determine reporting requirements
- Clear and proactive communicator
- In-depth spreadsheet skill & knowledge
- Technical familiarity with Unity
- Strong organizational skills
- Collaborative and creative-thinking, team-player mentality with the ability to give and receive constructive feedback
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years of related experience
- Strong background in Statistics
- SQL proficiency in one or many (Postgres, Oracle, SQL Server, Teradata)
- Ability to implement data science pipelines and applications in a general programming language such as Python, Scala, or Java
- Clear understanding of game development
- Ability to own, schedule, and manage small projects
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Operational Research, Machine Learning, etc.)
- Experience in analytical and visualization platforms (Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Environments (Google Cloud, AWS, Azure)
- Excellent communicator across a variety of disciplines and levels
- Appreciation of puns (or at least the ability to groan at them)
- Owls must be able to use virtual reality headsets but are not expected to own one.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time, work from home, 40-hours per week position. Core hours of work are Monday through Friday, 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CT.
For Owls working outside of the Austin, TX area, travel to Austin may be required 4 to 6 times per year. Additionally, we typically encourage owls to attend a conference annually for personal growth and development.
We care about creating “VR for Everyone” - and that includes creating a welcoming workplace for everyone.
Owlchemy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Other Skills and Responsibilities:
This job description doesn’t cover or contain a comprehensive listing of everything you might do at Owlchemy. As a small team of wildly talented individuals, we encourage career growth, exploration, and the wearing of many hats. As such, roles and responsibilities are collaborative and may change or evolve over time based on our needs and your particular skill set.
- 20 days of vacation to start
- Unlimited sick days
- School loan repayment assistance
- New parent benefits
- Health Care
- Retirement Plan
- Relocation Assistance (should you want to move to Austin, TX!)