Full time Individual Contributor Digital and Technology Group
This role is remote eligible, which means you would work virtually from home or another non-Best Buy location.
The Data Services team mission is to unify data across the enterprise to optimize business decisions made at the strategic, tactical, and operational levels of the organization. We accomplish this by providing an Enterprise Data Warehouse, reporting platform, and business processes that provide quality data, in a timely fashion, from any channel of the company and present them in such a manner as to maximize the value of that data for both internal and external customers.
As a Senior Decision Scientist, you are responsible for designing and developing moderate to complex Business Intelligence reporting to facilitate business operations. You will also be part of a team working with new data technologies and tools like Tableau, Alteryx, Spark, Scala, HBase, Hadoop, HDFS, MongoDB and others to provide faster, more accurate, and deeper insights into our products and services. As a member of the growing data services and business analytics team, the person in this role will be a key contributor to the successful deployment of strategic future state capabilities critical for our business. As a Senior on the team, you will coach and mentor less experienced developers in reporting duties.
- Design, develop and test moderate to complex Tableau dashboards and data visualizations.
- Leverage established guidelines and custom designs to create complex formulas and calculations to meet the needs of the business.
- Design, develop, and test moderate to complex reports using a variety of tools, which include Tableau, Alteryx, Transact-SQL, SSIS, Stored Procedures and Functions in SQL Server 2014 and later environments.
- Contribute to the definition and development of the overall reporting roadmap.
- Translate reporting requirements into reporting models, visualizations and reports by having a strong understanding of the enterprise architecture.
- Standardize reporting that helps generate efficiencies, optimization and end user standards.
- Work with minimal guidance to meet or exceed the User expectations by designing effective and maintainable solutions that meet reliability, accuracy and performance standards based on gathered requirements.
- Integrate dashboards and reports from a variety of sources, assuring that they adhere to data quality, usability and business rule standards.
- Determine methods and procedures on new or existing requirements and functionality with little to no guidance.
- Work closely with analysts and data engineers to identify opportunities and assess improvements of our products and services.
- Drive workshops or training sessions with the business user community to further their knowledge and use of Reporting and Visualization tools.
- Produce and maintain accurate project documentation.
- Collaborate with various data providers to resolve dashboard, reporting and data related issues.
- Perform Data Services reporting benchmarking, enhancements, optimizations, and platform analytics.
- Develop from strategic and non-strategic data sources including data preparation/ETL and modeling for data visualizations in a self-service platform.
- Participate in the research, development, and adoption of trends in reporting and analytics.
- Mentor BI Developers and BI Analysts
- 3 or more years of experience in technology, analytics, software or product development, technical architecture or engineering
- 3 or more years creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions
- 3 or more years with MSSQL Server, MySQL, Snowflake, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- 1 or more years with visual data analysis using tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI or other Business Intelligence platforms
- 5 years of experience in technology, software or product development, technical architecture or engineering
- 5 or more years creating reports, dashboards, and/or summarizing large amounts of data into actionable intelligence to drive business decisions
- 5 or more years with MSSQL Server, MySQL, Snowflake, Oracle or PostgreSQL
- 5 or more years with visual data analysis using tools such as Tableau, Alteryx, PowerBI or other Business Intelligence platforms
- 5 or more years administrating reporting application platforms
- Experience with public or hybrid cloud environments are a plus.
- Experience with big data technologies like Spark, Scala, Kafka, Hbase, Hadoop, HDFS, AVRO, MongoDB and Redshift are a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field OR equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Best Buy is driven to enrich people’s lives through technology. More than ever before, people need technology to connect, work, create, and learn. We provide incredible customer experiences where and when they need us, drawing on our rich legacy of using technology to drive outcomes that delight our customers. Our team of over 5,000 engineers in Digital & Technology fuels the growth and innovation needed to create these exceptional experiences, as the needs and context of our customers change.
You’re likely motivated by this momentum in change and are inspired by what technology can do for people. We are, too! We embrace a culture of rapid experimentation and constantly strive for improvement. You'll work in a collaborative, agile environment—one that fosters inclusion, encourages diversity of thought, and a passion for individual growth and mentoring others. We welcome your industry experience and outside perspectives that will contribute to our ongoing transformation.
Auto Req. ID886895BR
Location Number905010 BBYHealth San Diego CA
Address10945 Vista Sorrento Pkwy Suite 120
Pay Range$105,600 - $189,100/yr