Full time Manager Data and Analytics Group
This role is remote eligible, which means you would work virtually from home or another non-Best Buy location.
We at Best Buy work hard every day to enrich the lives of customers through technology, whether they come to us online, visit our stores or invite us into their homes. We do this by solving technology problems and addressing key human needs across a range of areas, including entertainment, productivity, communicating with coworkers and loved ones, preparing nutritious food, providing security for your home and family, and helping you take your health to the next level.
As aSenior Machine Learning Engineering Manager, you’ll have the opportunity to work alongside industry experts researching, developing, and applying cutting-edge machine learning and artificial intelligence algorithms to build innovative technologies, services, and products that solve the company's hardest problems and accelerate Best Buy's core growth. In this role you will combine your software engineering skills and interest in ML and AI to productionize ML models on GCP. You will build reusable tools and components to enable codeless deployments of ML modeling pipelines. Your work will unleash the next generation of customer experiences and transform the way Best Buy operates day-to-day.
Join us if you like to:
- Take a model prototype and productionize it programmatically. Productionization on the cloud involves building data pipelines, training and inference pipelines and pre and post processing routines
- Have strong interest in machine learning and ability to collaborate with data and applied machine learning scientists
- Possess excellent communication skills to be able to communicate with peers and stakeholders
- Enjoy spending your day writing and reviewing code; also participate and lead design discussions
- Are excited by latency tuning of advanced deep learning models and scaling ML solutions to enterprise scale to realize customer impact
- Utilizing broad and deep knowledge of machine learning and software engineering to contribute to the roadmap of Best Buy’s core machine learning capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Operations Research or related) or equivalent experience
- 6 years of experience with database languages (SQL, PL/SQL, PG-PL/SQL), version control (Git), data structures and algorithms
- 6 years of experience in writing production quality software in Python; knowledge of Unit testing in Python, Mocking, Pytest.
- 6 years of experience in architecting ML solutions given an abstract business problem
- 4 years of experience with MLOps, Model development lifecycle with knowledge of Training and Deployment pipelines for Machine Learning solutions on the cloud.
- 6 years of experience building training and inference pipelines on GCP and/or AWS
- 2 years of experience direct or indirect leadership leading ML engineers, designing and executing team roadmaps
- Master's degree or Ph.D in a highly quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Math, Operations Research or related)
- Exposure to deep learning approaches and modeling frameworks (PyTorch, Tensorflow, Keras, etc.) with knowledge of model serialization and deserialization
- Experience with GCP services like Vertex AI and Kubeflow are desirable but not required if they have experience with comparable services like Airflow, Argo etc.
- Experience developing with containers and Kubernetes in cloud computing environments (AWS/GCP)
Auto Req. ID887236BR
Location Number100048 Remote - Washington
Address1000 Denny Way
Pay Range$111,800.00 - $200,100.00/hr