What you'll be doing
- Design and build scalable machine learning services designed to reduce harmful behaviors and content on Discord
- Collaborate with machine learning engineers to ensure scalability of ML systems
- Ensure that ML systems are operationalized and their health is measurable
What you should have
- 4+ years of experience building, deploying, and operating large-scale distributed systems: it makes you uncomfortable deploying something for end-users without considering key performance metrics, monitors and dashboards, graceful degradation, feature flags, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a quantitative field including Computer Science, Physics, Applied Math, Statistics or other quantitative fields.
- You’ve built data processing systems with modern stacks, e.g. Flink, Beam, Spark, Airflow
- You thrive in ambiguous environments and get excited about figuring out solutions to complex problems, and then executing on them
- Experience building and deploying Machine Learning systems built on PyTorch, Tensorflow, TFX
- Experience building privacy-minded machine learning architectures (federated learning, differential privacy)
New York City residents only: Minimum salary of $186,000/year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by NYC Pay Transparency Law
Colorado residents only: Minimum salary of $148,800 /year + equity and benefits
*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20).#buildbelonging #LI-Remote #LI-Hybrid #LI-AR1
Benefits and Perks
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision (plus up to $20,000 for gender affirmation procedures)
- Mental health resources and quarterly wellness stipends
- 16+ paid holidays, 4 weeks of PTO + use-what-you-need sick days
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- Flexible long-term work options (remote and hybrid)
- Volunteer time off
- A diverse slate of Employee Resource Groups
- Plus commuter contributions and other perks for office-based employees
Discord is a voice, video and text app that helps friends and communities come together to hang out and explore their interests — from artists and activists, to study groups, sneakerheads, plant parents, and more. With 150 million monthly users across 19 million active communities, called servers, Discord has grown to become one of the most popular communications services in the world. Discord was built without selling ads or user data and instead, offers a premium subscription called Nitro that gives users special perks like higher quality streams and fun customizations.
We’re working toward an inclusive world where no one feels like an outsider, where genuine human connection is a click, text chat, or voice call away. A place where everyone can find belonging. Challenging? Heck yes. Rewarding? Double heck yes. It’s a mission that gives us the chance to positively impact millions of people all over the world. So if this strikes a chord with you, come build belonging with us!