Wayfair Data Science powers automation & decision support across all Wayfair business units. Our algorithms tackle a varied & broad spectrum of challenges in the Wayfair marketplace; from empowering suppliers to easily add products to our catalog, to enabling our customers to discover and purchase a vast & diverse assortment of home goods.
Wayfair Professional’s (B2B) mission is to help businesses make good spaces great. We leverage Wayfair’s platform to serve professional customers in many industries, including Interior Design, Commercial Office, Contractor, Property Management, Accommodations, Foodservice and Education, with cross-functional teams focused on improving the customer experience in each target vertical.
This leader will own the development of algorithmic decision support systems that power abroad spectrum of decisions across multiple customer touchpoints to better serve the needs of the business customer segment (Wayfair Professional), a key strategic priority for Wayfair LLC.
The team leader owns the vision and execution of a broad portfolio of initiatives, spanning a range of internal stakeholder groups that govern the B2B customer experience. This is an ideal opportunity for a leader who enjoys working on a variety of scientific and technical challenges, is passionate about building effective cross-functional relationships through exceptional communication skills, and is eager to make an impact to Wayfair’s business customers’ end-to-end experience through advanced data science and machine learning techniques.
Above all, you’ll get to work on problems that are both intellectually-challenging and drive real, measurable impact, first and foremost, for our customers - and as a result for Wayfair at large. To get a better sense of the type of projects we work on, check out our Data Science & Machine Learning blog posts here!
What You'll Do
- Lead a team that applies state of the art data science and machine learning techniques to transform how we interact with current and prospective business customers
- Drive significant business growth and impact by collaborating with Marketing, Sales, Storefront, Profit Management, Product, and Engineering teams to scope, develop, and deploy holistic data science solutions to power end-to-end B2B customer experience and drive significant business growth and impact
- Manage a broad portfolio of existing initiatives and evolve them to be scalable, platform-oriented data science products. These include, but are not limited to, models and frameworks for contact personalization, customer targeting across touchpoints, tailored experience for large project shoppers, and intelligent sales discount recommendation system.
- Lead the design and development of intelligent products that leverage a wide variety of data sources - e.g. 1st- and 3rd-party data on customer behavior, order history, firmographic information, sales call recordings and transcripts, etc. - to improve customer targeting and agent productivity
What You'll Need
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative fields; PhD preferred
- 4+ years of experience leading multi-disciplinary technical teams comprised of data scientists and engineers of varied levels of experience
- Thorough command of general data science and machine learning techniques
- Relevant experience designing and implementing customer-facing systems that are scalable, fast, and resilient
- Track record of delivering large cross-functional projects and managing multiple stakeholders with competing priorities
- Good understanding of experimental techniques for the design of A/B tests to measure the impact
- Communication skills that can influence across organizations and at all levels
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.