Cash App is the fastest growing financial brand in the world. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app with over 36 million monthly active users. We are bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, and save to anyone who has ever sought an alternative to the traditional banking system.
Loved by customers and pop culture, we’ve consistently held the top spot for finance in the App Store for many years, seeing more engagement with millions of followers across social media in a day than most brands see in a year. We are building an ecosystem to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it universally accessible.
We want to hire the best talent regardless of location. Our employment model is distributed, offering the opportunity to collaborate with teams across the world in San Francisco, New York, St. Louis, Portland, Toronto, Kitchener-Waterloo, Sydney, and Melbourne.
We are looking for Senior Product Data Scientists to join Square and help build Cash App, the fastest growing financial app in the world. We are reinventing the way people think about banking and financial services through our P2P, Banking, Cash Card, Boost, BTC, and stock investing products. We derive valuable insights from our extremely unique datasets and turn those into actions that improve the experience for our customers every day. This role is part of our Cash App Analytics team and will be deeply embedded within one of our product teams:
You will use our vast amounts of data to make experiences seamless for our customers and help us achieve world-class service as Cash App continues its rapid growth. You will build and run experiments and tests to help as well as work on models that anticipate customer issues and deliver proactive in-app suggestions, contextualize inquiries and respond instantly with relevant content as well as apply the latest research to automate conversations with customers.
For all of the above roles, you will:
- Partner directly with a Cash App product team, working closely with product managers, engineers, and designers
- Analyze large datasets using SQL and scripting languages to surface meaningful/actionable insights and opportunities to the product team and other key stakeholders
- Approach problems from first principles, using a variety of statistical and mathematical modeling techniques to research and understand customer behavior
- Design and analyze A/B experiments to evaluate the impact of changes we make to the product
- Work with engineers to log new, useful data sources as we build new product features
- Build, forecast, and report on metrics that drive strategy and facilitate decision making for key business initiatives
- Write code to effectively process, cleanse, and combine data sources in unique and useful ways, often resulting in curated ETL datasets that are easily used by the broader team
- Build and share data visualizations and self-serve dashboards for your product team
- Effectively communicate your work with team leads and cross-functional stakeholders on a regular basis
For all of the above roles, you have:
- 1-2 years of data science and analytics experience in industry
- A PhD or other relevant graduate degree in the physics, economics, statistics, or a similar STEM field
- Experience with scripting and data analysis programming languages, such as Python or R
- Advanced proficiency with SQL and data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Experience with cohort and funnel analyses, a deep understanding statistical concepts such as selection bias, probability distributions, and conditional probabilities
- Experience in a high-growth tech environment
- An appreciation for the connection between your work and the experience it delivers to customers
- Intellectual curiosity and a passion for what Cash App is building
Technologies we use and teach:
- SQL (MySQL, Snowflake, BigQuery, etc.)
- Python (Pandas, Numpy)
- Tableau, Airflow, Looker
Cash App treats all employees and job applicants equally. Every decision is based on merit, qualifications, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with each office’s corresponding local guidelines.