Lark is seeking a talented Data and Visualization Software Engineer to join our growing team, In this role you will be responsible for building data visualization tooling and frameworks, and developing the visualization data products themselves. As a member of the data engineering team, you will work cross functionally to produce internal and external data products using React, plotly.js, next.js, D3.js, and similar technologies. You will also have opportunities to work on ETL, analytics, and other adjacent aspects of data engineering.
What You’ll Do
- Be a key member of a small, agile software engineering team practicing TDD with an emphasis on software quality, where you will have a tremendous opportunity to make a big impact.
- Help build ETL/ELT pipelines to extract, transform, and load data across curated zones.
- Collaborate with teams across the company to help develop data products that drive company success.
- Help build visualizations, reports, dashboards, PDFs, and web/front-end UIs
What You’ll Need
- Fluent in data structures, algorithms
- Passion for telling stories with data
- Ability to take complex data and represent it visually so that it is easily understood
- Good understanding of data, and working with SQL/structured data to produce visualizations
- Experience with React
- Building production data visualizations
- Value, respect, and an enthusiasm for diversity, inclusion, and alternative perspectives
- Goal-oriented, with a desire to create an environment of psychological safety
- Willingness to ask questions and the ability to break down a problem to its smallest parts
- Ability to thrive in an environment promoting and enabling collaboration
- Humility with an intrinsic positive drive
- Willingness to learn in a collaborative team environment
Education and Experience
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 2+ years’ software engineering experience with a focus on quality
- 1+ years’ experience with Plotly.js, D3.js or seaborn
- Effective communication (oral and written!) across a range of audiences
Technologies You’ll Use:
- Front-end frameworks like React & Next.js.
- Apache Spark (on EMR and Databricks)
- AWS (DynamoDB, RDS, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, MWAA, S3, Lambda, EventBridge, MSK, EKS, and ECR
Lark is a companion that lives on the user’s phone and provides daily coaching, guidance, and health insights to users. We are on a mission to make the world a healthier, happier place. Come join our team!
Lark is the world's largest A.I.-enabled healthcare provider, delivering virtual care and connected health devices that help people stay in control of conditions such as diabetes and heart disease. We’re on a mission to improve the health and happiness of the 1 billion people globally who are living with or at risk for a chronic health condition. Our A.I. enabled programs were the first to achieve clinical outcomes matching those of in-person healthcare professionals, showing the ability to deliver care at a fraction of the cost and at enormous scale.
Working at Lark
Lark offers the option to work remotely in the United States. For Colorado Applicants only: minimum annual salary is $98,000 (minimum salary varies for other geographies). You may also be offered a bonus, stock options and/or benefits. We have identified the “core” period of the day during which all employees are required to work for scheduled meetings, syncs, scrums between 10 a.m. and 3 p.m. Pacific time. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, CA.
Lark is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We believe that diverse teams foster innovation and add to our mission-driven culture. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.