Disney Streaming Advanced Research (DSAR) is part of Disney Streaming, responsible for creating AI-enabled solutions for Disney+, Star+, and ESPN+. The DSAR team pioneers advanced application features to be enjoyed and loved by millions of viewers.
We’re looking for talented team players with an entrepreneurial spirit, who will thrive upon the legacy of our company yet embrace unconventional thinking, and who are passionate about contributing to the experience through strategic hard work, creativity, and determination.
DSAR is looking for an experienced ML Engineer to work on advanced personalization efforts involving digital avatars. The ideal candidate will drive the development of a new separate stand-alone neural network that classifies facial components. The right person for this role feels deeply committed to partnering with our diversity, equity, and inclusion teams to create a diverse image dataset for training AI technology and delivering relevant experiences representative of our consumers and the values of our company.
We’re seeking highly motivated and skilled professionals with a strong background in machine learning, artificial intelligence, computer vision, and the ability to coordinate across teams and empower themselves and others to strive for and achieve excellence.
Whether you’re in Los Angeles, California, New York, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and transform an industry.
- Responsible for providing an ontology for labeling, training, and implementing a new neural face model
- Lead development of dataset augmentation to increase accuracy
- Collaborate with DEI team on capturing diverse and inclusive AI datasets
- Provide all necessary tools for authoring, carefully orchestrating continuous learning, inference, and observation cycle while maintaining high system availability and reliability
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Designers, Engineers, and Researchers to develop high-quality, robust, and reliable solutions
- Contribute to research activities and patent/IP across Disney business and research groups
- 5+ years of software experience, with 3+ years of relevant ML experience
- Expertise with ML pipelines, algorithms, statistical methods, and analytics to solve real-world engineering problems
- Experienced with developing, troubleshooting, and validating deep learning models for diverse computer vision tasks (e.g., segmentation, recognition, classification) using PyTorch, TensorFlow, or other deep learning frameworks
- Comfortable operating at all levels of the predictive stack and modeling, including data collection, feature engineering, and batch training
- Strong mathematical skills with knowledge of statistical methods
- Work in an Agile environment that focuses on collaboration and teamwork
- Prior work in the field of digital humans: neural face models, mobile capture or general photogrammetry solutions, retargeting and animation
- Expertise with Computer Vision and library functions such as OpenCV
- Comfortable working in deep learning frameworks for on-device inference such as Tensorflow Lite or Pytorch Mobile
- Experience in CPU and GPU performance optimization
- Familiarity with Python development ecosystem and technologies like Databricks, S3, Spark, Jupiter Notebooks
- Excellent communication and people engagement skills
- Strive for excellence in innovation and experimentation
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)
Master’s degree in Computer Science (or related field)