We’re looking for an experienced Sr. Manager to join the Strategy & Analytics (S&A) team to define, develop, our Foundations Analytics team at Abnormal. Day to day, you’ll partner with senior stakeholders across the business to define KPIs, track progress to our north star metrics, and share actionable insights. You’ll be a highly collaborative partner with other S&A leads to enable analytics at scale and set this hyper growth company up for success.
Who you are:
- You are a experienced leading analytics teams and have a strong track record for defining KPIs, communicating insights to executives, and building functions from the ground up
- You are a people manager who understands org design, running a recruiting cycle, onboarding directs, and developing careers
- You have a strong sense of how to use data to answer critical business questions and are motivated by unlocking that capability across the company
- You enjoy working as part of a team and are customer obsessed - always going the extra mile to deliver high quality work for your stakeholders
- You are a strong communicator, excellent project manager, and grity
What you’ll do:
- Be the “go-to” data person for our Foundations and Product Analytics, ensuring that our Executive, Finance, and People teams are equipped with accurate data, actionable insights, and the proper context to make informed decisions
- Manage analytics and resources across three pods: People (Talent / HR Analytics), Product (Engineering / Product Analytics), and SLF (Strategy / Legal / Finance Analytics)
- Mature our capabilities within People Analytics – take our dashboards and models from v2 to IPO ready
- Establish our Product Analytics function – interview stakeholders, architect the scope, and deliver our v1
- Enable SLF - build more automation that provides data transparency and allows SLF to scale faster than the rest of the company
- Develop a robust reporting plan through weekly operating reviews, automated dashboards, reports, visualizations and consumable forecasts across the three pods
- Flag risks associated with our business – see around the corners, deliver the “so what” behind the numbers, and know when and how to communicate with executives
- Partner with functional leadership to quantitatively measure their business functions and provide insights that help them to optimize their operations
- Establish what “good” looks like across our Foundations and Product subfunctions – benchmarking to our historicals and the industry best practices
Collaborate with departmental stakeholders to drive and grade progress on OKRs, priorities, and programs
Experience you’ll need:
- 7+ years of experience
- Demonstrated ability to define metrics for varying functional areas, scope ambiguous problems, and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Prior experience in Strategy, S&A, SaaS (Analytics Manager / Sr. Manager), or Management Consulting
- Spreadsheet guru with advanced modeling skills
- Exceptional communication skills in delivering complex numerical analysis and a strong executive presence
- Understanding of probability and statistical concepts (e.g. hypothesis testing)
- Working knowledge of SQL, Python, and BI Tools (Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Desire to be a part of an early member of growing team, prioritize our customers, and always strive for excellence
More About Abnormal Security:
Abnormal Security is defining the next generation of email security defense. Our platform uses machine learning and artificial intelligence to baseline communication content, user identity, and behavioral signals in real-time and at-scale in order to detect the abnormalities of email attacks. Customers love us because we consistently detect and stop what everyone else in the market can’t -- advanced attacks that have never been seen before -- and we do so with beautiful user interfaces and best-in-industry customer support.
Our veteran team has built some of the most enduring machine learning platforms at leading companies including Google, Twitter, Pinterest, Amazon, Microsoft, and Expanse. We are located in San Francisco,CA, New York, NY and Lehi, UT.
Our company is growing - we’re on the Forbes AI 50, selected as a Gartner 2020 Cool Vendor, and our customer base includes multiple Fortune 500 companies.
Abnormal Security is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status