Who We Are:
EZ Texting is the #1 text communications technology company delivering fast, easy, and effective solutions for businesses across a wide variety of industries. Dreamers first, we are at the forefront of revolutionizing the way businesses communicate with their customers and believe personal relationships can transform an organization’s ability to grow.
Our employees are our greatest strength. We’re expanding quickly and scaling our teams to help accelerate growth while remaining committed to hiring exceptional, values-aligned talent. We have consistently been rated a Top 100 workplace and are committed to being a best-in-class employer for remote work — with benefits to match!
We are open to hire in CA, NY, TX, OR, WA, GA, PA, & TN, but welcome top applicants nationwide as we expand our operating boundaries.
After our employees and culture, our data is our greatest asset. We extract valuable insights from our data to help our customers achieve their desired outcomes quickly and easily. The Lead Data Engineer is responsible for building the infrastructure and ELT processes to feed our data analysis needs. This person works cross-functionally with stakeholders across the business to understand the questions we need to answer and the data required to support answering those questions.
What You Do:
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand use cases and collaborate with analysts to build data models that deliver insights quickly and easily.
- Own the end-to-end data management and lifecycle processes.
- Create efficient and effective CI/CD processes that enable rapid development, deep visibility, high confidence through a multitude of tools like BigQuery and DBT.
- Develop core architecture of our data platform within GCP and advance data ingestion.
- Build data pipelines and ETL processes.
What You Bring:
- Expertise in SQL and at least one scripting language, preferably Python.
- Intuitive thinking of how to organize, normalize, and store complex data, enabling both ETL and end users.
- Passion for mapping and designing ingestion and transformation of data from multiple sources, creating a cohesive data asset.
- Expertise in cloud data warehousing tools (eg BigQuery or Snowflake) and ELT tools (eg Airflow, Google Compose, DataFlow, Fivetran, or DBT).
- Experience using workflow management engines (e.g. Airflow, Luigi, Prefect, Dagster, digdag.io, Google Cloud Composer, AWS Step Functions, Azure Data Factory, UC4, Control-M).
- Thrive on building modern, cloud-native data pipelines and operations, with an ELT philosophy.
- Excellent communication, empathetic with end users and internal customers.
- Focus on delivering outcomes and making an impact.
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or relevant field.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of data technologies and data modeling.
- Deep understanding of analytical data warehouses, like BigQuery and/or Snowflake.
- Hands-on experience implementing ETL (or ELT) best practices at scale.
- Hands-on experience with the following tools or technologies: BigQuery, Airflow, DBT.
- Experience publishing/consuming data to/from SaaS application APIs.
- Strong desire to collaborate asynchronously, with a focus on robust documentation.
- Process oriented approach, driven to iterate on existing processes or create new ones.
- Passion for stable and secure systems management practices.
- Ability to orchestrate and automate complex tasks.
- Proactive, grab-a-shovel and go-for-it attitude.
- Outstanding problem solving skills.
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps principles.
- Experience with Terraform, Ansible, Java, Python and data modeling tools.
What We Provide:
Benefits available to EZ Texting team members include, but are not limited to:
- 100% paid medical, vision, dental and life insurance for self (generous coverage for families)
- Stock options
- 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation and unlimited sick leave
- Paid parental leave
- Annual personalized learning reimbursement
- Quarterly wellness reimbursement
- Remote-work optimization benefits including:
- Monthly internet reimbursement
- Monthly flexible remote work stipend, including DoorDash subscription
- Annual home office enhancement stipend
- Direct-billing ordering for supplies
EZ Texting is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.