Staff ML Platform Data Architect
Engineering, US - Remote
Who we are and what we do
Momentive (formerly SurveyMonkey) is a leader in agile experience management, delivering powerful, purpose-built solutions that bring together the best parts of humanity and technology to redefine AI. Momentive products, including GetFeedback, SurveyMonkey, and its brand and market insights solutions, empower decision-makers at 345,000 organizations worldwide to shape exceptional experiences. More than 20 million active users rely on Momentive to fuel market insights, brand insights, employee experience, customer experience, and product experience. Ultimately, the company’s vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at momentive.ai.
More about our Machine Learning Team
Our ML Platform team takes ownership of the data components of our data science workflow like our Central Feature Store. You will partner with Data Science, Legal, Security, Engineering, and Product teams to extend our platform. You will help establish data governance by promoting the data management reference architecture to support the dynamic/ stringent data privacy requirements. You will report into our ML Engineering Manager.
What we're looking for
Technical Leader with the right blend of data and systems architecture experience to lead Momentive’s Machine Learning Platform data initiatives. You are well versed and passionate about machine learning and data compliance requirements. You are excellent at partnering with the engineering community by encouraging win-win relationships.
- Provide architectural oversight for the ML Platform team on our complete data life cycle and lead efforts to build multi-datacenter, multi-product data platform components
- Provide technical leadership for a global team of engineers supporting structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data (both in transit and in rest) that live on different platforms and entities to be compliant with each region's regulatory requirements
- Be a consultant to the engineering organization that ensures compliance in data quality, data lineage, metadata management to automate enrichment, policy automation, data provenance, and heritage, data sovereignty, retention requirements.
- Provide technical guidance that is privacy-centric, ethical, and transparent to strengthen our data compliance posture.
- Proactively engage the important partners such as the global privacy teams, Data Science, Product, Security Engineering, and Application Engineering teams to meet the data compliance commitments towards GDPR, CCPA, HIPAA, PCI, SOX.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience working in a SasS company as an Enterprise Architect with a strong emphasis on data governance and compliance
- Minimum 5+ years of experience as a Data Architect, Data Engineer, or a similar role
- An expert in data lifecycle management: data definition, data lineage, data quality, data cleansing, and retention
- Good understanding of the lifecycle of ML enabled products
- Strong communication skills to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to build partnerships, educate on ML Data requirements and advocate an ML first data architecture approach
- A strong systems background in one of the Cloud environments
- Deep knowledge of methods and tools to accomplish data governance in a globally distributed environment
- Designed and architected scalable metadata architecture
- Good experience with threat modeling and privacy impact assessments
What we offer our employees
Momentive is a place where the curious come to grow and shape what’s next. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture for our 1,400+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC, we’re building a workplace where people of every background can excel. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
Momentive is featured as a Glassdoor 2021 Best Place to Work and National Capital Region's Top Employer in Canada (2021). In 2020, Momentive was recognized as a top place to work by Glassdoor Best Places to Work, Fortune Best Places to Work in the Bay Area, Parity.org’s Best Companies for Women to Advance, and National Capital Region’s Top Employers in Canada. Momentive has consistently been recognized by Great Place to Work® and Fortune as a top workplace since 2018, and we have also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among the G2 Best Software Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
Momentive is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.
Learn more about our diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts here.