Numbrs is a Swiss cutting edge technology company developing a smart wallet, which allows users to keep and use all their bank accounts, crypto wallets and loyalty cards in one place. Numbrs' smart wallet is available in Germany, United Kingdom and Spain.
Thanks to artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), Numbrs develops breakthrough features that allow users to understand their finances like never before and ultimately improve their financial health.
Numbrs is one of the best-financed FinTechs in Europe and, with a valuation above $1 billion, one of the very few European FinTech unicorns.
We are building a remote team of multidisciplinary experts that are passionate about making a world-changing impact. We've built a hardworking and engaging remote culture that combines the best of scientific cutting edge technology with a product-focused environment, offering an ambitious balance of structure and flexibility.
We are seeking an experienced, dedicated, and well-organized Backend Engineer with Machine Learning experience to join our remote engineering team. This position will require someone who is adaptable in a changing environment and who is passionate about delivering high quality results in a fast-paced environment.
You will be a part of a small agile team that is responsible for the design and development of our machine learning systems. You'll work on learning-based solutions and develop machine learning applications according to requirements. You enjoy learning new things and are passionate about developing new features, using cutting-edge technology and contributing to overall system design and architecture. You are a great teammate who thrives in a dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities.
- You find large challenges exciting and enjoy discovering problems as much as solving them.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail, excellent communication skills, and a talent for delivering out-of-the-box ideas are essential
- You deliver. You may enjoy thoughtful conversations about problems and perfecting designs, but in the end, you know that what matters is delivering a solution that works every time.
- Resourceful, flexible and adaptable; no task is too big or too small.
- A Bachelor's or higher degree in technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in software development and micro service based architecture
- Previous experience or at least exposure to Machine Learning
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as Kafka, Spark, and Cassandra
- Strong hands-on experience and fluency with Java or Scala
- Experience with software engineering best practices, coding standards, code reviews, testing and operations
- Excellent written and oral communication in English and interpersonal skills
- Experience with CI/CD toolchain products like Jira, Stash, Git, and Jenkins
- Fluent with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages;
- Experience with C++, or Golang is a plus
What we offer
- An opportunity to work on the most exciting challenges in the financial and crypto industry
- Collaboration with some of the smartest and the most talented experts in technology
- Growth potential. We rapidly advance team members who have an outsized impact
- Fully remote company, at which every person is free to live and work wherever they want
- Flexible time off 25+ holiday days