Canva’s Commitment and Mission
Ngā Manawanuitanga me ngā uaratanga o Canva
At Canva, we celebrate diversity. We deeply believe that bringing together diversity of thoughts, perspectives and expression is key to building the best product, team and company. We mean it when we say we want to create a diverse and inclusive workplace where we value all different types of experiences and want to create a space and culture where you feel like you belong.
We know it can be a tricky time applying for roles, wondering if the role is right for you and if you and your experience are right for the role too. Many people won’t apply for roles unless they feel that they tick every single box. At Canva we look for many different skills and abilities and we’re always looking for how new team members can add to Canva and our culture. So if you don’t think you quite meet all of the skills listed, we’d still love to hear from you!
Our mission at Canva is to empower the world to design and since launching in 2013, we have grown exponentially, amassing over 80 million monthly active users across 190 different countries and a team of over 2,800 people… and the best bit is that we’ve only achieved 1% of what we know we’re capable of.
Be a Force for Good
Hikina te mana o te tangata
We’re driven by our values, with our ‘Be a Force for Good’ value supporting everything that we do. Through your work on our product or team, and our community initiatives and sustainability programs, you’re given the opportunity to come to Canva and make a tangible difference to the lives of others in your day-to-day life. In addition to our Founder’s 30% Pledge, Canva is committed to Pledge 1% and actively encourage our team to participate in many ways, including taking paid volunteer leave.
Your journey with Canva could take you to places that you might not even imagined yet. There’s opportunity around every corner and the support to help you achieve your goals.
Join us and design your future.
What you'll do:
Working with the Data Management Lead and key business stakeholders, you will work directly with a key business area to support them in the evolution of their business strategy designing, documenting and evolving their quality data architecture which will deliver strong data management and data governance standards while ensuring their data architecture is fit to deliver Canva’s future growth.
As part of Canva’s growing Data Management practice, you will:
- Establish close partnership with SuperGroup, Group and Speciality stakeholders to define the strategic data architecture and roadmap, aligned to the business strategy and overall Enterprise Architecture.
- Co-design with the business and facilitate the implementation of necessary data governance and information management processes, advising and supporting stakeholders through the related business change management steps.
- Define and apply an end-to-end Data Architecture governance process, working closely with the Data Management and Data Governance practices.
- Evaluate existing and new Data solutions to ensure they support current business needs and growth.
- Develop implementation plans for data solutions ensuring to identify and manage dependencies with other Teams, Groups and SuperGroups.
- Work closely with stakeholders to align technologies and capabilities with business strategies while delivering pragmatic excellence when supporting businesses data needs by leveraging the existing platforms and architecture patterns where possible.
- Evaluate and renew implemented data solutions, to ensure their relevance and effectiveness in supporting business needs and growth.
- Emphasise the importance of and ensure that data management practices are embedded in all data solutions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Develop and recommend best practice for scalable data architecture and processes to ensure integrity, quality and timeliness of data.
- Design, develop and maintain logical / physical data models and data lineage based on business requirements, data sources & process flows.
- Have an end-to-end vision, and see how a logical design will translate into one or more physical data models, and how the data will flow through the layered architecture within the data landscape.
- Provide oversight & direction to project teams in regards to data architecture. Review and approve data model designs to ensure integrity, accuracy & quality of data within the enterprise data warehouse and other data applications.
- Identify inconsistencies & redundancies in data models and propose remediation steps.
- Architect data structures and processes for optimal performance, access and distribution across the organization.
- Lead the data architecture planning and execution in support of data governance and data management initiatives.
Skills and experience required for the role:
- 7+ years defining and maintaining data architecture, logical & physical data models, data standards, naming conventions, primary key guidelines and data flow diagrams.
- 7+ years in relational & dimensional data modeling, process modeling and performance tuning of large-scale data warehouses.
- Strong technical knowledge of data integration, metadata and BI analytics tools.
- Successfully implemented Data Quality, Data Security and Data Privacy initiatives.
- Solid understanding of metadata management best practices with experience implementing or operating a metadata repository.
Experienced in writing SQL, using Relational Database Management System (RDBMS) and Data Modeling tools
- Strong communication, influencing and interpersonal skills. An engaging personality who can take the business on the journey with them.
- Highly organized, self-motivated, proactive and able to plan.
- Ability to analyze, understand complex problems and explain technical information in business terms.
Working at Canva
Tō mahi ki te Kānawehi
Our culture is unlike anywhere else and together we design your #CanvaLife experience to empower you to do the best work of your life.
Wherever you’re working from, we recognise that every single person is unique and our Canvanaut benefits aim to ensure we cater for all.
Our benefits for permanent Canvanauts include:
• Flexible hours and working fully remotely from anywhere in New Zealand, which values your work-life balance because you know how you work best.
• Unique and flexible leave so you can recharge, give back, support others or focus on your own professional development.
• An inclusive parental leave policy that supports all parents and carers throughout their parenting and caring journey to support work-life balance.
• An annual Vibe & Thrive allowance. This is for you to spend on whatever will support your wellbeing and development. It could be anything, from an electronic stand-up desk to a pilates membership, or dinner out with a teammate. Because you know what you need to Vibe and Thrive, better than anyone.
• We have virtual wellness & development benefits including Canva University, Employee Assistant Programs, Fitness & Yoga Classes and other benefits to support your physical, mental, and social wellbeing.
• Canva For Good program matching your not-for-profit donations and a range of sustainability and ethical initiatives to get involved in.
We make hiring decisions based on your experience, skills and passion. Please note that interviews are conducted virtually. When you apply, please tell us the pronouns you use and any reasonable adjustments you may need during the interview process. / Ka whakatauhia e mātou ngā tikanga i runga i ōu whēako, ōu pūkenga me tō ngākaunui mō te mahi. Kia mahara mai; He uiuinga tata te uiui.Ina tono koe, tēnā, kōrero mai ki a mātou ngā kupu hunga ingoa e whakamahia anae koe, me ngā rereketanga whaitake e hiahiatia ana e koe i te wā o te uiui.