OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the United States and 200k+ monthly active users in 192 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a full-time Business Intelligence Developer to join our Data Analytics team. The BI Developer will be responsible for dashboard and report design as per data analytics requirements. The BI Developer will work closely with business systems analysts in the team and with analysts from business functions across the organization on interactively and iteratively developing dashboards and reports. This is a crucial role as it shines light on everything that the team does and brings analytics to executives and business units.
The ideal candidate will have a knack for creating great UX solutions and proven ability to innovate. We offer a fun, dynamic and nurturing environment to contribute, learn and grow.
What You’ll Do
- Work with business systems analysts on understanding business needs for data analytics and translating the requirements into technical specifications
- Design report mockups and dashboard wireframes as per requirements
- Work with analysts from business functions across the organization on iteratively developing reports and dashboards, with interactive widgets and navigation paths
- Create and maintain business glossary and data relationships in the metadata layer of reporting platform
- Work with analysts and data integration developers on data optimization in data sources including Enterprise Data Warehouse, for best response times
- Own reporting platforms with configuration, maintenance, user management, report distribution setup and schedules
- Work with operational system experts on setting up APIs and embedding reports in applications
- Perform rigorous testing, validation of data refreshes and presentation rendering validation to ensure the dashboards and reports are refreshing as per schedules and providing accurate, timely and complete information
- Design job dependency charts as needed
- Automate and schedule data refreshes as per job dependency charts
- Migrate dashboards and reports across multiple environments as per stage gating guidelines, ultimately deploying and maintaining in production
Qualifications You'll Need
- 4+ years experience with data warehousing/business intelligence
- 5+ years in business intelligence design and development, using a variety of tools, preferably in Sisense, Looker or equivalent
- 5+ years in SQL and procedural DBMS languages, preferably PL/pgSQL (Postgres)
- 4+ years in data analysis and database development on different RDBMS platforms, preferably in PostgreSQL and MySQL
- Experience in UI/UX design
- Analytical mind with problem solving aptitude
- Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative
- Communication and team player skills
Skills That Will Help
- Experience in Cloud Data Warehousing, preferably on AWS platform
- Experience in data profiling and data quality
What We Offer
- Salary range: $75,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities. This position may be fully remote within the U.S.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall. You can learn more about our company and culture on AngelList and Glassdoor.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.