OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the United States and 200k+ monthly active users in 192 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a full-time Business Systems Analyst to join our Data Analytics team. The Business Systems Analyst (BSA) will be responsible for working with business functions across the organization to identify business needs for data analytics. The BSA will create specifications based on the business’s data analytics needs and work with the team to assign, prioritize, and execute them. The BSA will be the liaison between the Data Analytics team and the business.
The right person for the job will apply their exhaustive knowledge of data analysis to solving real-world problems faced by our company and finding opportunities for improvement across multiple projects, teams and business units. We offer a fun, dynamic and nurturing environment to contribute, learn and grow.
What You’ll Do
- Work with leaders and analysts in business functions across the organization to gather business intelligence requirements
- Document requirements for capture and presentation of business metrics and key performance indicators
- Work with the manager on creating and prioritizing tickets
- Analyze data sources and perform gap analysis on current data management repositories
- Create specifications and acceptance criteria for data data capture, transformation and presentation, for the identified business metrics
- Create or enhance data models in Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW)
- Maintain data dictionary/business glossary for Enterprise Data Warehouse and for OME operational systems
- Assist ETL developers with translating data capture and transformation requirements to ETL process design
- Assist BI developers with translating presentation requirements to dashboard wireframes and mockup reports
- Design data quality requirements, and implement data reconciliation and data validation processes
- Assist users of EDW, dashboards, and reports with user acceptance testing
Qualifications You'll Need
- 5+ years in data analysis and data architecture, and database development on different RDBMS platforms, preferably in PostgreSQL and MySQL
- 5+ years experience in data warehousing/business intelligence, with dimensional modeling
- 5+ years in SQL and procedural DBMS languages, preferably PL/pgSQL (Postgres)
- Strong background in data profiling, data quality, metadata management
- Exposure to a variety of ETL tools and Business Intelligence tools
- Superior communication, documentation and presentation skills
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
Skills That Will Help
- Experience in Cloud Data Warehousing, preferably on AWS platform
- ETL development using any tool
- Scripting, preferably using Python
- Design and creation of dashboards and reports
- Project management
- Master data management
What We Offer
- Salary range: $75,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities. This position may be fully remote within the U.S.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall. You can learn more about our company and culture on AngelList and Glassdoor.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.