OnlineMedEd is focused on making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible. We improve learning by delivering personalized and adaptive experiences for users and institutions. Part education, part tech, we have strong traction in every medical school throughout the United States and 200k+ monthly active users in 192 countries worldwide.
We are looking for a full-time ETL Developer to join our team. The ETL developer will be responsible for designing data integration processes with a big picture view of the company’s data analytics needs and overall data architecture. This team member will develop Extract-Transform-Load jobs to populate Data Warehouse and to transfer data from one operational system to another. They will also optimize ETL jobs for accuracy, timeliness and performance. This role is the liaison between data warehouse architecture and business intelligence presentation, and is key to delivering robust and reliable data solutions.
Our ideal candidate has an aptitude to use data and technology as means to support business decisions. We offer a fun, dynamic, and nurturing environment to contribute, learn, and grow.
What You’ll Do
- Work with architect and analysts on understanding business needs for data integration and design ETL processes as per architecture guidelines
- Create ETL mapping specifications for ETL processes
- Develop ETL jobs as per the design and mapping specifications
- Perform rigorous testing and data validation to ensure the ETL jobs run smoothly on their own and when integrated with other existing jobs
- Design job dependency charts as needed
- Automate and schedule ETL jobs as per job dependency charts
- Migrate ETL jobs across development, testing, staging and production environments as per stage gating guidelines
- Deploy and maintain ETL jobs in production
Qualifications You'll Need
- 4+ years experience with data warehousing/business intelligence
- 5+ years in SQL and procedural DBMS languages, preferably PL/pgSQL (Postgres)
- 4+ years in ETL design and development, using a variety of tools
- 4+ years in data analysis and database development on different RDBMS platforms, preferably in PostgreSQL and MySQL
- 2+ years in scripting, using Python
- 4+ years in job automation and scheduling, using job scheduler tools, preferably
- Apache Airflow Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Communication and team player skills
Skills That Will Help
- Experience in Cloud Data Warehousing, preferably on AWS platform
- Experience in dimensional data modeling
- Experience in data profiling, data quality, master data management
- Experience in Linux and bash shell scripting
What We Offer
- Salary range: $75,000 - $95,000 depending on experience
- Selflessness: Our purpose is to make adult education accessible to everyone. We believe in putting the user first, team second, and ourselves last.
- Lifelong learning: Monthly Lunch and Learns, weekly presentations, funding for professional development, and 1:1 coaching provide frequent opportunities to learn and grow.
- Accountability: Take responsibility for your work without being micro-managed. We're focused on doing great work; when and how you do it is up to you.
- Transparency: We have an open-door policy and a no-blame culture. We value honest communication at every level of the company.
- Excellence: We want you focused on doing your best work. Use the equipment you want, take advantage of the flexibility of unlimited as-you-need-it time off, and work where it makes sense. We strive to set you up for success.
- Benefits: We also provide enterprise-level health insurance, dental and vision insurance, fitness perks, volunteer opportunities, mental health resources, work equipment benefits, snacks and drinks in the office, and engaging (currently virtual) social activities. This position may be fully remote within the U.S.
OnlineMedEd was rated #4 Best Small Places to Work in 2021 by BuiltinAustin and one of the top places to work in Austin overall. You can learn more about our company and culture on AngelList and Glassdoor.
Diversity in Doing Good
OnlineMedEd is a purpose-driven organization focused on doing well by doing good. We recognize that doing good is best achieved by uniting the unique contributions of individuals with different backgrounds, cultures, perspectives, and experiences. Beyond our equal opportunity employer status, we are committed to recruiting, hiring, training, and supporting the professional development of diverse individuals, regardless of differences, who demonstrate outstanding performance and exemplify our core values.