Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
At Malwarebytes, our data and business analytics needs are growing fast. We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated data analyst to drive analytical requirements for the Product team. As a data analyst, you will play a central role in Malwarebytes’s data-driven decision-making processes. You will help drive product performance measurements, answer key product strategy questions, and create appropriate tracking that helps guide the executive team in making product decisions that increase business opportunities and growth.
We want an experienced analyst to help develop processes aimed at improving customer experience and unlocking new opportunities for our product developers. You are a full-stack data powerhouse who is experienced in driving product decisions throughout the product lifecycle using data and experimentation. You will join an experienced team of engineers, product managers, designers, and data analysts in bringing innovative products from idea to launch.
What You'll Do:
- Perform quality analysis on raw data and document any caveats and/or source quality issues.
- Interact with stakeholders in Product, and other organizations, to understand their business needs, compartmentalize requests, and formulate data-driven solutions.
- Produce insights (e.g., performance drivers, retention analysis, improvements to user experience, behavioral personas) to help grow our business. This requires acquiring, cleaning, structuring data from multiple sources and analyzing the data using SQL/Python/R.
- Define core metrics and develop automated dashboards to surface insights at scale.
- Evangelize insights through storytelling and create easy-to-consume media that inspires others (e.g., senior executives, product managers, fellow analysts, etc.) to action.
- Facilitate A/B experiments to successfully drive product direction with iterative innovation and measurement.
- Build scalable data pipelines to support analytics needs.
- Drive the Product team's analytics roadmap and prioritize the most impactful projects.
- Work across teams that create data pipelines to define data requirements, ensuring proper dimensions and metrics are incorporated as needed.
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Mathematics (or similar).
- Advanced level of SQL skills with at least 1-3 years of advanced “hands-on” experience.
- Experience articulating product questions, pulling data from datasets (SQL) and using statistics to arrive at an answer.
- 1-3 years of working experience with statistical packages in R or Python.
- Demonstrated work experience with at-least one BI tool (e.g., Looker, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong passion for quality.
- A focus on impact: balance effort to value, and “get things done”.
- Curious, creative, and opinionated thinker with a talent for detecting patterns and elevating through strategy.
- Strong communication skills; ability to effectively communicate in a clear and concise manner (PowerPoint skills is a plus).
- Ability to think through complex problems, determine proper analytical processes and procedures, independently derive conclusions and present results to the team.
- Detail-oriented and exceptionally organized.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced ambiguous environment.
Skills That Are Nice to Have:
- Good storytelling with great data visualization and presentation skills.
- Experience with Python/R.
- Experience working in Tech companies or tech environment is highly desirable.
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Competitive salary and equity stock incentives
- 401k + company match
- Open Time Off Policy
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Wellness programs