Malwarebytes believes that when people and organizations are free from threats, they are free to thrive. Founded in 2008, CEO Marcin Kleczynski had one mission: to rid the world of malware. Today, Malwarebytes has grown beyond malware remediation to ensuring cyberprotection for every one, providing device protection, privacy, and prevention solutions in the home, on-the-go, at work, or on campus. With threat hunters and innovators across the world, we want great people, like YOU, to join our team!
Malwarebytes is looking for..
The Business Applications team at Malwarebytes is responsible for Business Intelligence and Analytics for our business teams and executives. We provide governed, curated data through a Snowflake data store – our Curated Data Store (CDS). We need a seasoned SQL Developer to build view layers and analyze data for financial reporting. The primary responsibility of this role is to work with FP&A on developing Key Metrics around financial, SaaS, and telemetry data. Will require working with stakeholders and analyzing varied sources of data to derive complex and universally accepted metrics. Need to have a strong understanding of financial systems and data.
This contractor role is a fully remote, work from home position, with a contract of 6 to 12 months.
What You’ll Do:
- Use SQL to build key metrics around financial data
- Analyze multiple sources of data and work with business owners to create derived views
- Work with Data Engineers to consume, conform, and curate large sets of Telemetry data
- Build sound metadata infrastructure to house data dictionary derived views
- Understand overall Business objectives of the Curated Data Store (CDS)
- Assist other team members with processes, tools and concepts
- Pursue advanced analytics / BI concepts (churn modeling, LTV, CAC)
- Contribute to objectives by working “hands-on”
Skills You’ll Need to Have:
- 5+ years’ experience with Financial Data Analytics
- Expert level skillset with SQL
- Experience with Financial Data, preferred with a SaaS company
- Knowledge of advanced financial concepts, revenue recognition, planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Experience with cloud-based data platforms, Snowflake preferred
- Demonstrated experience building calculations in BI/Reporting tools like Looker or Domo etc.
- Experience with Data Visualization and Data Modeling
- Understanding of business concepts
- Good written and oral communication skills
Skills That Are Nice to Have:
- Experience with JIRA
- Python Experience
- Experience with Advanced Analytics (AI, Big Data, etc.)
Benefits and Perks:
- An opportunity to do something great for yourself and the world
- A great work environment that supports growth, development, and most importantly having fun!