We're looking for an experienced Data Analyst to join the Finance team at Zapier. If you are a curious Data Analyst interested in subscription analytics, data visualization, and cross-functional collaboration, read on.
We know applying for and taking on a new job at any company requires a leap of faith. We want you to feel comfortable and excited to apply at Zapier. To help share a bit more about life at Zapier, here are a few resources in addition to the job description that can give you an inside look at what life is like at Zapier. Hopefully, you'll take the leap of faith and apply.
- Our Commitment to Applicants
- Culture and Values at Zapier
- Zapier Guide to Remote Work
- Zapier Code of Conduct
- Working on Diversity and Inclusivity
Zapier is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
You are a skilled written communicator. Zapier is a 100% remote team and writing is our primary means of communication. You can communicate unfamiliar technical topics clearly and approachably.
You’re technically competent with at least one SQL dialect. They’re all about the same; we happen to use Redshift.
You’re experienced in defining and analyzing complex financial datasets, finding actionable business solutions to loosely defined problems. You're familiar with financial forecasting and many of the challenges that come along with subscriptions and payments data.
You’re excited by helping your teammates and stakeholders develop KPIs and associated dashboards. You’ve mastered at least one BI / Data Visualization tool for keeping your team up-to-date with the numbers.
You enjoy collaboration and knowledge sharing. You appreciate our team’s values of eagerness to collaborate with teammates with any level of statistical knowledge, iterating over your deliverables, and being curious.
You understand that perfect is the enemy of good. You will default to action by initially shipping code that simply works and works simply, while iterating as needed to get towards better solutions.
Things You Might Do
Zapier is a small, fast-growing, and remote-first company, so you'll likely get experience on many different projects across the organization, initially across our product, support and finance teams. Here are some things you'll get to help our teams with:
- Guide stakeholders in Finance towards making better business decisions with data insights.
- Help the Finance team evaluate their current data, and collect more data, to inform our financial models and ongoing analysis.
- Develop and maintain a customer lifecycle dashboard to inform our revenue model
- Develop queries, create visualizations and drive analyses to deepen our knowledge of subscriptions analytics and customer lifetime value.
- Stitch together disparate data sources in a consistent and consumable way.
- Perform ETL tasks to model new dimensions and facts in our data warehouse’s dimensional model.
- Tools you’ll probably use include AWS Redshift, SQL, Google Analytics, Looker, Matillion ETL,Python or R, AWS Athena.
- Provide support to our Controller and FP&A Manager on various projects.
Zapier helps people across the world automate the boring and tedious parts of their job. We do that by helping everyone connect the web applications they already use and love.
We believe that there are jobs a computer is best at doing and that there are jobs a human is best at doing. We want to empower businesses to create processes and systems that let computers do what they are best at doing and let humans do what they are best at doing.
We believe that with the right tools, you can have a big impact with less hassle.
We believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment. All teammates at Zapier agree to a code of conduct.
About Data at Zapier
Zapier relies on dozens of systems that emit data about Zapier and our potential and current users and partners. This data is useful for us to make a better product, better decisions and understand our weaknesses and opportunities. The data team at Zapier pulls this data from DBs, APIs and through event streams, collocates it and then processes through all the disparate systems to bring them together in a reliable, timely, performant and easy to understand way to employees and systems that need access to it.Our stack best summed up by AWS Redshift (and related AWS products like AWS Glue, Redshift Spectrum, AWS S3), Looker, Matillion ETL, Kafka, Python, and R. But we're pragmatic -- for example, we have some Java for ingesting data from Kafka, and we use Clojure for inferring schema and other information about data sets.
About Finance at Zapier
The Finance Team collaborates with all departments at Zapier by providing transparent and sound financial planning and thoughtful analysis to support strategic decision making and tell the financial story of Zapier.
We rely on statistical analysis to plan and measure business performance and forecast their financial impact.
The Whole Package
- Competitive salary
- Great healthcare + dental + vision coverage*
- Retirement plan with 4% company match*
- 2 annual company retreats to awesome places
- 14 weeks paid leave for new parents of biological or adopted children
- Pick your own equipment. We'll set you up with whatever Apple laptop + monitor combo you want plus any software you need.
- Unlimited vacation policy. Plus we require you to take at least 2 weeks off each year. We see most employees take 4-5 weeks off per year. This isn't a vague policy where unlimited vacation means no vacation.
- Work with awesome companies around the world. We partner with great software companies all over the world and you'll constantly get to interact with people from these great companies
How To Apply
We have a non-standard application process. To jump-start the process we ask a few questions we normally would ask at the start of an interview. This helps speed up the process and lets us get to know you a bit better right out of the gate.
After you apply, you are going to hear back from us, even if we don't seem like a good fit. In fact, throughout the process, we strive to make sure you never go more than seven days without hearing from us.
Optional: Share anonymously some demographic information about yourself to help us better track trends related to the backgrounds of candidates interested in working at Zapier in order for us to build a team that represents the users at Zapier and the broader world population.
Zapier is an equal opportunity employer. We're excited to work with talented and empathetic people no matter their race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, religion, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or related condition (including breastfeeding), or any other basis protected by law. Our code of conduct provides a beacon for the kind of company we strive to be, and we celebrate our differences because those differences are what allow us to make a product that serves a global user base.