InnovateEDU is a non-profit whose mission is to eliminate the achievement gap by accelerating innovation in standards-aligned, next-generation learning models and tools that serve, inform, and enhance teaching and learning. InnovateEDU is committed to massively disrupting K-12 public education by focusing on the development of scalable tools and practices that leverage innovation, technology, and new human capital systems to improve education for all students and close the achievement gap.
About the Project
InnovateEDU strives to create real tooling and projects that greatly assist a school/district/state is moving toward embracing data standards, a data-driven culture, and data interoperability. Landing Zone, a project at InnovateEDU, aims to provide the best in class data infrastructure and support to client districts. We believe this doesn’t just mean technology and dashboards - it means investing in the people who do the work. To that end when a school adopts Landing Zone, they get not only technical products but the ability to join a team of peers who are working and learning together as well as receive weekly coaching and support from the InnovateEDU Team.
InnovateEDU is currently seeking a full-time Data Coach and School Support Lead.
The School Support Lead works closely with the Landing Zone team to manage, monitor, and provide support to schools through weekly coaching sessions, check-ins and providing just in time technical help for the school’s data analyst.
This is a full-time position with the ability to work remotely, although proximity to the New York/ Chicago area is preferred. Since March 2020, the entire InnovateEDU staff has worked virtually, and team members are expected to be available during typical office hours in Eastern Standard Time, with some flexibility available. Once the COVID crisis is over, the position may require 30% travel to support sites nationwide.
- Lead and manage a coaching cadence and support for client school districts. Possible tasks include:
- Create/ Revise workflow systems and procedures by monitoring and analyzing client usage, success and project tasks and data to determine need for implementation changes
- Provide troubleshooting and advice for schools who need just in time support
- Provide weekly coaching and mentoring for data analysts at schools and districts throughout the country
- Build model data visualizations and reports in Google Data Studio
- Provide administrative support as needed to maintain workflow
- Maintain and monitor implementation plans for schools
- Organize and participate in product meetings, especially communication around system upgrades or changes
- Manage client administrative coordination of the Landing Zone product team. Responsibilities include:
- Document and resource management
- Timeline management
- Communication with stakeholders and participants in the initiative
- Supporting planning and execution of virtual and in-person stakeholder convenings
- Organize meeting materials and information about projects (e.g., create project management calendar to fulfill goals and objectives)
- Contribute to grant-related efforts. Supporting Product Director with possible tasks include:
- Providing updates on success of project tasks, using project data as evidence
- Writing description about completed projects or tasks within projects
- Conduct surveys with clients on project metrics
Who You Are
You are a data maven. You have either been a data analyst yourself or worked in data for a school system. You are a natural coach. You are a mission-driven individual and believe in working to close the educational achievement gap. You are an optimistic problem-solver and believe that together we can create real solutions that help the entire sector move forward. You are keen to understand different moving pieces of a complex project and willing to use your skills to organize the work for seamless implementation. You are excited to join a growing team working on early-stage products that have long term impacts on the sector.
You are open to feedback, bring your best every day, and are ready to grow in all areas of your work. You want to join a team of folks who share your vision for mission-driven work at the intersection of education and technology. Finally, you know that sharing often is key to this work and are ready to document everything that you do so that schools everywhere and the sector as a whole can benefit.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in data science, computer programming, or related field and entry-level experience in project coordination
- Desirable: Experience within K12 education
- Demonstrated ability in project management from conception to delivery
- Desirable: Demonstrated ability in full-cycle data management processes
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL, Google Big Query, and Google Data Studio
- Proficiency in other data visualization tools
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Experience in managing and successfully prioritizing competing priorities
- Experience in designing and carrying out logistics for events (e.g., workshops or symposia) for educator audiences (task analysis, materials, organizing calendars)
- Ability to collaborate with staff and partners while accommodating multiple project demands and organizational priorities
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to foster collaborative and productive relationships among staff and external organizations and funders
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly with a variety of audiences
- Knowledge of file management and administrative systems and procedures
- Working with internal systems such as JIRA, Asana, Slack to stay organized and ensure communication with team members
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Outlook) and GSuite (e.g., Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms)
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience. The range for this position starts at $72,000.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Relocation support is not available for this position.
Applications without both a resume and cover letter will not be considered.