Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
- Data subject matter expert for Decision Sciences
- Competent to work independently at a high technical level
- Design/architect, develop, deploy, test, document and maintain Decision Sciences data resources and assets
- Troubleshoot a wide variety of complex problems and identify solutions within broad applications and functional expertise
- Work closely with team members and cross-functional teams to ensure availability, accuracy and integrity of required data assets and resources
- Proactively engage Decision Sciences and other stakeholders to achieve objectives
Knowledge and Skills:
- Proficient with SQL/Relational databases and T-SQL programming language
- Proficient in Python programming language
- Proficient in version control and DevOps tools such as GitLab/GitHub/Azure DevOps
- Working experience building data pipelines, ETL pipelines and data warehousing and working with large datasets
- Demonstrated expertise in data governance, data modeling, database maintenance, monitoring and performance
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-driven team player with ability to work independently, multi-task and innovatively solve problems
- Strong interpersonal skills
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
Typical Range of Experience:
5-7 years’ experience with large-scale and complex data resources and assets
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.