Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
This is an incredible Internship which will be a project-based role to gain varied experience on numerous data analytics projects. Projects will consist of data analysis and trending of operational alerts and incidents.
First American’s Internship Program is a full-time, 10-12 week paid internship starting in June 2022.The Intern will work in a program designed to help college students gain experience and develop the technical, professional and interpersonal skills that will be invaluable throughout their career. As a First American Intern you will gain exposure to working in a corporate environment within the Financial/Title Industry—balanced with intern-specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities—while under the close supervision and guidance of a manager and/or mentor.
- Build analysis, data visualizations, and multi-functional reporting that provides critical support to the operations and decision-making of the organization
- Use internal and external analytics tools, SQL, and scripting languages to access and analyze multivariate data
- Develop and foster positive relationships and transparent dialogue with the business community and data colleagues
- Provide analytics expertise to key business partners regarding data & analytics questions
- Take personal accountability for delivery of projects and committed timelines
- Support business partners in adopting reporting solutions and business intelligence tools for self-service
We are seeking College/University students enrolled in Bachelor’s degree programs with 0-2 years' of work experience. Preferred Field of Study in.... Computer Science, Data Analytics, or Information Systems.
To qualify, candidates will possess the following:
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications and an understanding of the software development lifecycle
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
- Expert SQL skills for complex querying, analysis, performance optimization, and persisting data
- Excellent data visualization skills with tools like Kibana, ServiceNow, etc.
- Experience demonstrating analytical concepts to craft an actionable story
- Understanding of data warehousing concepts, design, modeling, and data engineering
- Experience taking vague requirements and transforming them into crisp insights
- Intense curiosity, high intellectual and analytical horsepower, passionate pursuit of analytics driven insights
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Effective presentation skills across a diverse audience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.