Join a team that puts its People First! Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for seven consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
Join our team! As a global leader in providing title insurance, settlement services and risk solutions for real estate transactions, First American Title Insurance Company (NYSE: FAF) is an ideal place to build your career. We have been entrusted with helping our customers achieve and protect their dream of homeownership since 1889.
First American’s Internship Program is a full-time, 10–12 week paid internship from June – August 2023 which can be worked from an office or remotely, depending on the job opportunity. As a First American Intern you will work in a program designed to help you gain experience and develop the technical, professional and interpersonal skills that will be invaluable throughout your career. As a First American Intern you will gain exposure to working in a corporate environment within the Financial/Title Industry – balanced with intern-specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities – while under the guidance of a manager and/or mentor. For this particular intern role, undergraduate students are assigned significant work assignments to support a specific business function within IT.
Knowledge and Skills
The Business Intelligence and Data Management (BIDM) Team is the service provider to enterprise business units and corporate functions, including enterprise data gateway data (XPLOR) ingestion, integration and consumption by enterprise entities and products that consume data.
The BIDM team also performs and supports the following functions regarding the data in XPLOR:
- Data governance
- Data quality management
- Internal/external data sharing needs
- Data ingestion, analysis and reporting
- Other programs and product implementations that consume enterprise data
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative.
- Use your analytical abilities to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed.
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Project Management/Project Involvement.
- Microsoft Office 365
- Talend Data Catalog
- SQL – MS SQL, Snowflake, etc.
- College/University students enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with 0-2 years of work experience. Preferred Field of Study in Data Science, Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, or Information Systems.
- Preferred grad dates December of 2023-Spring of 2024
*Open to remote candidates however, candidates local to Santa Ana, CA will be required to work a hybrid schedule. *
Pay Range: $18.00 to $22.00 per hour
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.