At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
Do you want to work with one of the biggest eCommerce datasets in the world?
Do you get excited thinking about collecting, managing and transforming TBs of data?
Do you want to help build some of the most sophisticated data-driven products in the eCommerce industry?
Are you passionate about building tools that have an immediate impact on your customers?
Amazing, then you’re the type of person we’re looking for!
We’re growing and we are looking to add a rockstar Data Engineer to our Data Group located somewhere between the PST - EST timezone. We have a wide variety of opportunities in our Data Group including:
- Collecting, managing, and serving TBs of data
- Helping train, deploy, and monitor ML models in production
- Building efficient highly efficient, scalable pipelines that deliver high impact eCommerce data to customers
Interested in learning more? Let’s get into the details:
In this role, you will:
- Tackle hard challenges building high-volume fault-tolerant scraping services to optimize our data extraction infrastructure
- Work with event processing systems processing hundreds of millions of events per day
- Design and implement scraping optimization algorithms
- Instrument and implement observability controls to measure data integrity and data quality
- Work in key areas of our data platform in support of new and existing data-powered product features
- Participate in technical design reviews, code reviews, and pair programming sessions
- Work with stakeholders to help define our data roadmap and strategy
You will excel in this role, if you have:
- Deep technical expertise implementing large scale pub/sub and streaming data systems (e.g. Kinesis, Kinesis Firehose, Kafka)
- Experience ingesting data from APIs or large scale web scraping DaaS services (Data-as-a-Service)
- Experience building scalable data driven systems as a software engineer
- You have good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Strong programming skills in Python, TypeScript, or other programming languages
- Experience leveraging automated testing, performing code reviews, working with Git and using CI/CD within an agile environment
- Worked in a cloud native environment like Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, or Microsoft Azure
Bonus points, if you have:
- Experience building and scaling web scraping systems to collect and ingest data into a data lake
- Experience deploying, instrumenting, and monitoring of high throughput large-scale production services
- Worked with highly scalable container-based or serverless services
- Built and supported systems that have well-defined SLAs, performance, uptime, and recovery metrics
- Experience with infrastructure as code using AWS CDK, Terraform, or Pulumi
- Experience leveraging NoSQL databases and document stores for production data systems (e.g., ElasticSearch, DynamoDB, Redis, etc)
- Industry experience working on big data problems using tools like Spark, Kafka, Kinesis, Flink, Hudi / Iceberg / Delta Lake, and Airflow
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $40 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.