At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs and brands to grow successful e-commerce businesses, and we provide the industry-leading data, powerful tools, and resources they need.
Senior Data Scientist
At Jungle Scout, we are on a mission to empower entrepreneurs to be successful Amazon sellers. We work hard, keep it real and do it all for our customers by providing industry-leading products, education, and content.
We’re growing and we are looking to add a Senior Data Scientist to our fast-paced and customer-oriented Engineering team.
Location: We’re a remote-first company and looking to hire this person anywhere between the EST - PST timezone.
Interested in helping us innovate and build industry-leading data-driven products for our customers? Let’s get into the details:
In this role, you will:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the company to source opportunities for creating data-driven products
- Regularly present and communicate insights to high-level business stakeholders
- Extract mission-critical insights from datasets
- Innovate and bring creative ideas to building mission critical customer facing products that depend on data science
- Work with senior business leaders to identify solutions and best practices
- Create scalable models that drive business decisions and enable our customers’ success
- Mentor team members in the areas of technical expertise and career building
- Develop tools to monitor models for evolving performance and accuracy
- Contribute to best practices around feature extraction, model development, and knowledge sharing among multiple data science teams
If your answer is “heck yeah!”, please read on….
You will excel in this role, if you have:
- Been in the Data Science game for some time. You either have a PhD and 3+ years of experience or your Masters and 5+ years of industry experience.
- Experience solving nebulous problems using a systematic, analytical approach
- Proven ability to architect data science solutions to complex problems and delivering solutions in customer facing products
- A solid understanding of machine learning and applied mathematics in the areas of statistics, linear algebra, optimization techniques, etc
- Strong programming skills in Python
- A strong command of SQL and working with multiple relational databases and data warehouses (Redshift, Postgres, Athena, Snowflake, etc…)
- Experience in end to end machine learning project life cycle
- The ability to communicate insights through visualizations using libraries such as matplotlib, seaborn, plotly, etc…
- Experience working with unstructured data
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow and PyTorch
- Are scrappy when extracting useful insights with partial data
- A solid experience in working with software development teams and using source version control tools like Git
Bonus points, if you have experience:
- Analyzing big datasets using tools such as Apache Spark
- Developing and deploying using Docker
- With some of the AWS services (e.g. EC2, S3, Sage Maker, Cloudwatch)
- On frameworks for in-production ML code (e.g. Kedro)
- With accessing data from other datastores in the AWS ecosystem such as ElasticSearch, S3, and DynamoDB
About Jungle Scout
Jungle Scout is the leading all-in-one platform for selling on Amazon, supporting more than $8 billion in annual Amazon revenue. Founded in 2015 as the first Amazon product research tool, Jungle Scout today features a full suite of best-in-class business management solutions and powerful market intelligence resources to help entrepreneurs and brands manage their e-commerce businesses. Jungle Scout is headquartered in Austin, Texas and supports 10 global Amazon marketplaces.
The Jungle Scout team is a group of smart, motivated, and fun-loving professionals working hard to help our customers achieve success. We have a remote-first culture with employees across the world as well as in our hub offices in Austin, TX; Vancouver, BC; and Shenzhen, China. We believe team members should have the opportunity to choose the work environment that works best for them, so we give our team members the option of working from home, at one of our hub offices, or from a co-working space.
We offer workplace flexibility, competitive compensation packages, 401K/RRSP matching, generous vacation, and professional development to help you thrive in your career. The entire Jungle Scout team also gathers for annual all-expenses-paid retreats — past locations have included Bali, Bangkok, Vietnam, Budapest, Mexico, Colombia, and Costa Rica. Check us out!
We prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
At Jungle Scout, we hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger.
Jungle Scout is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
All offers of employment at Jungle Scout are contingent upon clear results of a comprehensive background check. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates prior to start date.