Purpose builds and supports movements to advance the fight for an open, just, and habitable world. We use public mobilization and storytelling to help leading organizations, activists, businesses, and philanthropies engaged in this fight, and we create campaigning labs and new initiatives that can shift policies and change public narratives when it matters most.
To do this, Purpose brings together world-class talent from the world of creatives, content development, storytelling, campaigning, grassroots organizing, and political strategy to build new creative campaigning models.
Guided by smart strategy and powered by participation, our work reframes issues, engages new audiences, shifts public discourse, and ultimately drives targeted action and creates lasting impact. Join the team that made all this work!
- Designs, builds, and maintains cloud engineering infrastructure and data pipelines using clean, replicable and scalable Python code to automate data integration and reporting processes
- Drives development and refinement of data strategy, design, and implementation of data infrastructure priorities across multiple internal and external workstreams
- Collaborates effectively with internal and external project teams to pursue the best path towards data infrastructure and reporting goals and objectives
- Confidently presents and facilitates discussion of data and infrastructure to clients, partners, and other non-technical audiences in a clear and well-structured manner; and able to engage in related and broader project context discussion, planning and problem solving and questions
- Proactively supports business development opportunities, including developing compelling an technical and analytic approaches to a client needs and opportunitiesprospect's challenge
The ideal candidate will have:
- A proven ability to design and build data infrastructure and engineering processes to help achieve strategic goals
- Deep experience creating data models, building ETL pipelines and API integrations using Python and SQL, to provide reliable, high quality data sets for ongoing analysis and reporting
- Hands-on experience building and optimizing data pipelines using cloud engineering platforms like Google Cloud Platform or Amazon Web Services
- Clear examples of developing well-documented, testable code and best practices for data integrity
- A track record of working in agile, entrepreneurial environments similar to a tech startup, or a campaign, advocacy organization, agency or consultancy
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative environment, with the ability to manage projects effectively while maintaining positive & respectful relationships
- Clear approaches to research, data analysis, and measurement & evaluation that center diversity, equity, and inclusion while also meeting project needs, and further our commitment to producing positive social impact for good
- Exposure to Python and R are helpful, but not required but helpful
- Experience with ETL data engineering tools, such as dbt, Fivetran, Snowflake, Airflow, or similar tools not required, but helpful, but not required
- Familiarity with A/B testing, experimentation, and/or statistical analysis are not required, but helpful
Our tech stack includes:
- Google Cloud Platform
- Google Data Studio
- Multiple quantitative and qualitative data collection tools/platforms (integrated using APIs)
Location: Global, but strong preference for candidates in the US, UK, India, Brazil, or Australia. This role has an option to be fully remote, or to work out of any Purpose office.
Reports to: Levi Braslow, Global Head of Impact, Measurement & Learning
Salary: $110,000 - 140,000 for US-based candidates. If outside of the U.S., salaries will be commensurate with market value depending on country. This is a full-time exempt position.
Application deadline: September 7, 2022
How to Apply
Click the "Apply for this position" link below and submit a resume.
Purpose takes on some of the biggest challenges in the world, which affect people of different identities and backgrounds in different ways. We are stronger and most effective with a diverse team leading the charge and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome the unique contributions that individuals bring in terms of their education, opinions, culture, ethnicity, race, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, languages spoken, veteran’s status, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation and beliefs.