MURAL is on a mission to inspire and connect imagination workers globally.
MURAL is a digital workspace for visual collaboration that connects over 50 percent of Fortune 100 enterprises. Our platform and services enable innovative teams to think and collaborate visually to solve important problems. People benefit from MURAL’s speed and ease of use in creating diagrams, which are popular in design thinking and agile methodologies, as well as tools to facilitate more impactful meetings and workshops.
Global enterprises including IBM, USAA, E-Trade, Intuit, SAP, Atlassian, Autodesk and GitHub have embraced visual collaboration to align their teams, plan in real-time, speed up decision making, reduce travel costs and accelerate a culture of innovation.
MURAL is headquartered in San Francisco and employs over 200 people working across six time zones around the world like Buenos Aires, Atlanta, and across Europe. We recently raised $118m in a series B round of financing, so we are ready to take MURAL to the next level.
As a Data Scientist you will:
- Work with Product, Design and Engineering teams to solve problems, identify trends and untap growth opportunities across the user journey.
- Own, design, develop, document, and manage scalable solutions for new and ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, and dashboards to support business needs.
- Explore and analyze people behavior, product engagement and performance data to suggest fast experiments, features and enhancements.
- Implement customized ETL pipelines from diverse sources for higher data availability and to create a unified view of quality data for analytics and reporting.
- Apply statistical models and build machine-learning algorithms to predict people's behaviour in MURAL.
- Design and drive experiments to form actionable recommendations. Present to business leaders and drive decisions.
The top candidate will have the following skills:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or another quantitative field is preferred.
- You have a proven track record of success as a Data analyst with hands-on working experience on SQL and a basic understanding of programming with Python.
- You have experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks (e.g. Hadoop).
- You enjoy finding insights in a sea of information.
- You are experienced in BI and machine learning projects, including data warehousing, business intelligence, data visualization tools, techniques and technology
- You have strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra) and problem solving attitude.
- You have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You love working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal skills.
- A Master’s degree in Data Statistics, Engineering, or a related quantitative field
- Experience in AWS data services such as AWS Redshift, EMR, S3, etc
- Practice software engineering best practices across the development life cycle, including agile methodologies, coding standards, code reviews, source management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Prior experience with forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and/or data mining
- Experience being the project owner or leading initiatives
- Ability to work cross-functionally, be detail oriented ,build and maintain trust with internal stakeholders in a fast and Agile development environment
WHAT WE OFFER
In addition to being part of our quest to help people empower their imagination, we offer:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Flexible working hours
- Ability to work remotely
- Flexible time off
- A phenomenal learning environment for you to develop
We bring people to our team that care about our mission to inspire and connect creative people globally, and who feel aligned with our values:
- Make Others Successful
- Adapt to Thrive
- Show Up With a Smile
- Generate Wows
- Think Global
- Play to Win and Have Fun
Practicing equality through imagination work.
MURAL is committed to creating diverse and inclusive workspaces where people can make a positive impact on the world and share their vision of how they achieve it. We are dedicated to working alongside multiple communities to help build this dream and bring it to life.