Don’t just land a job. Launch your future.
Our all-in-one software platform gives HR pros a way to easily manage daily tasks in payroll, benefits, talent, and workforce management.
But what makes us different is that our technology is backed by a culture that cares. We care about our team members, clients, and partners – because people matter most. And people have always been at the heart of our business.
Since our founding in 1997, this is the thing that's stayed the same, from our employees to the millions of users nationwide that access our platform. We pride ourselves on partnering with our clients to build the workplace they and their employees crave.
Let's go forward together.
Paylocity is growing its Data Practice Organization! Our Data Science Team is responsible for developing machine learning solutions to meet clients needs in domains ranging from NLP and supervised learning to time series forecasting and anomaly detection. One example of an interesting project we have been working on is that we recently released our Modern Workforce Index, which leverages machine learning to help employers measure and improve employee engagement. This product had direct CEO oversight and was a close collaboration with our Data Engineering and Data Insights teams.
As a Data Scientist, you will help Paylocity discover the information hidden in vast amounts of data, to help our customers make smarter human capital decisions that drive organizational success. Your primary focus will be to apply knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries leading to prototype development and product improvement.
Reports To: Data Science Manager
- Select feature, build, and optimize models using machine learning techniques such as time series methods, regression, random forests, gradient boosting, and neural networks
- Leverage cutting edge big data technologies on AWS and Microsoft Azure utilizing Databricks and Spark
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Enterprise Architects, Software Development Managers, and other executives to translate complex human capital management challenges into data science projects?
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Create automated data and modeling pipelines and develop custom performance tracking
- Work closely with software engineers in an agile product development environment to deliver machine learning software features
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2-5 years of data science success at other software companies
- Experience in writing production grade machine learning models in Python
- Experience with cloud infrastructure on AWS or Azure
- Demonstrated ability to leverage data science to drive business results
- Skilled at translating business problems into data science problems and communicating the results to non-technical audiences
- Able to work in a collaborative environment with a desire to share your ideas
- Able to work independently and complete tasks with high quality, but unafraid to seek out suggestions from other team members
- Advanced degree (Masters or Phd) preferred in computer science, industrial engineering, statistics, industrial organizational psychology, or other quantitative field preferred
Our journey forward.
Paylocity strives to create an organizational culture where every employee has a voice, feels truly welcome, appreciated, and free to be themselves, and is empowered and enabled to do their best work. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to creating such a culture. We’ve made great strides to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. That being said, we realize there’s still room for improvement. Our current focus is on the following initiatives:
- Education & Awareness
- Client Community
- Company Representation
- Advocacy & Support
- Fairness & Equality
- PCTY Gives
Want to learn more, click here to access our DEI flipbook. https://www.flipsnack.com/paylocitycom/diversity-equity-and-inclusion.html
This job description has been written to provide an accurate reflection of the current job and to include the general nature of work performed. It is not designed to contain a comprehensive detailed inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of the employees assigned to the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job or require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
This role can be performed from any office in the US. The pay range for this position in Colorado is $87,545.00 - $133,804.00; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. This position is eligible for an annual bonus and restricted stock unit grant based on individual performance in addition to a full range of benefits outlined here. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via www.paylocity.com/careers.